• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if any coin dealers got washed away......

3 posts in this topic

by the great Long Beach coin flood of 2003? I talked to a couple of dealers that were directly under the flood, but they left on Friday and missed the waterfall. Others told me only the floor was wet and no damage. Any stories?

TRUTH

All I heard was one dealer with some currency got his stuff wet. That was the talk going around the floor right after they let the dealers back in. No mention of major damage or anything. The dealer that was supposedly hit had some empty cases.

Overall I don't think there ws much damage. The real damage was the smell that the water left behind in the convention center. frown.gif

This was last Fall right?

There was a dealer who had some damage to their HOUSE back in Virginia I believe due to that hurricane. Their concern for the water damage was moot compared to their house.

I proceeded to by an 11-P Half Eagle from them.... laugh.gif

The real damage was the smell that the water left behind in the convention center.

It was odd since that smell tended to come from the area where PCGS has their booth. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom