• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving into the #1 1858 spot on the NGC Registry.

21 posts in this topic

My set just moved into the #1 1858 business strike spot on the NGC Registry. I am mainly going for the silver and the FEC, but I may try to get a couple of gold pieces (most likely the $1 P mint and the $20 S mint). Here's the link.

1858 set

Sky

Congradulations.. What's it like being #1? Just remember, now the target is on your back!!! Isn't this hobby a great thing.. Thanks for sharing.

Chet

Thank you everyone! I look forward to hopefully adding more material over time.

Very cool. Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, why 1858?

I was born in 1958, and several years ago I hit the wall on trying to find nice toners in the grades that I was looking for in that set. Figured "what the hel1?" and decided to collect 1858 material too. Actually, it's worked out quite nicely for me because not only do I get to put together an 1858 set, but it also helps fill in a fair amount of the holes in a Type set.

Very cool. Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, why 1858?

I was born in 1958, and several years ago I hit the wall on trying to find nice toners in the grades that I was looking for in that set. Figured "what the hel1?" and decided to collect 1858 material too. Actually, it's worked out quite nicely for me because not only do I get to put together an 1858 set, but it also helps fill in a fair amount of the holes in a Type set.

Ahh that makes sense - cool (thumbs u