• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

....And a six pence in her shoe

13 posts in this topic

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence for her shoe." Now many know the first part but not the part about the six pence, Now i need to find a good six pence for my fiance for our wedding in August, and ideas where to get one online?

And here's the announcement picture, figured o should share it with all my good buddies

here on the boards :)

99462.jpg.14df6b72eef09a4ef3e3dbda922f558a.jpg

I don't guess it should be too hard to find one. I know my local B&M usually has a few in stock at all times.

I would imagine that many should be listed on E-bay.

Congrats Russ! You might want to try posting in the world forum since there are more likely English collectors there that might be able to help. I checked my tiny stash, and I just have 2 3-pence but no 6-pence.

She is gorgeous, congratulations!

You can take care of most of that with an old, blue toned, borrowed six pence. I only collect shillings, so I can't help you with that, but a quick search of Ebay should find you a very nice sixpence with little trouble. Anything from Victoria or later will be very affordable as well.

May you have a joyous wedding and a fulfilling partnership for the rest of your life!

Can't say it better!

Congrats to you both. :whee: