• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Rey

62 posts in this topic

mess! I had been talking to him about aquiring a coin when he suddenly stopped replying as quickly and I'd asked him if he was okay and all he said was that he was having "health" issues but to keep it between us.

He hadn't even read a message I left him a week ago which worried me but I figured he'd get better because he left that post the other day on the giveaway thread.

This sucks! No one else is allowed to die for 6 months!

I will be getting info on funeral arrangements tomorrow evening. I'm not asking anything from anyone but those that would like to pitch in for a flower arrangement just PM me. Also, I know that Rey helped set-up arrangements for flowers for my wife from NGC so if anyone can help me to do this would be greatly appreciated also. Just pm me. Thanks Guys. I talked to Donna for a little while this evening and she wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support also!

Yup. Lemme know what a helpful donation would be. I have no idea what these things cost. The number I sent you was just off the top of my head. Thanks Bobby!

I appreciate it ya'll. As soon as I figure out how to take money from paypal to purchase flowers, I'll give a paypal address out here in this post. It will make it easier than answering all the Pm's and also from everyone sending funds to me personally. I will search for a flower company that will let me pay by paypal. I think that will probably be the best way at this point. It looks like, at this point, the funeral will be Mon or Tues. I'll keep everyone informed. Thanks again!!!

Rey was a true gentleman, with great spirit and he was always a pleasure to converse with. He was also extremely brave and honorable.

I am happy to have known him and will miss him.

Rey, sorry I didn't get to know you better. Seems that you were well loved here and wish I would have been around in your heyday. My most sincere condolences go out to your wife and family. May the Lord watch over your soul.

This is truly terrible news. I just mailed Rey his coin that he won in my giveaway yesterday. I tried to send it fast but I wasn't fast enough. R.I.P. friend! Count me in on the flowers Bobby.

So sad to see a great guy like Rey leave us. I had the pleasure of having several conversations with Rey. A true gentleman and great collector. He will be missed.

One of my favorites from Rey Brown's collection.

18543obv_039-1.jpg18543rev_052-2.jpg

RIP Rey. :angel:

I will be getting info on funeral arrangements tomorrow evening. I'm not asking anything from anyone but those that would like to pitch in for a flower arrangement just PM me. Also, I know that Rey helped set-up arrangements for flowers for my wife from NGC so if anyone can help me to do this would be greatly appreciated also. Just pm me. Thanks Guys. I talked to Donna for a little while this evening and she wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support also!

I am all choked up about this one. Please let me know where and how I may send a contribution.

Rest in Peace, friend Rey Brown.

Thanks for the all PM's guys. Anyone wanting to make contributions can use my Paypal address below. I found a nice arrangement at FTD and they accept paypal. Donna should be calling me today with all the funeral arrangements. I will pass this along in case there is anyone close wanting to go. Thanks again for everyone's support. Please send any contributions to the Paypal Address:

bsshog40@comcast.net

Thanks again!!

This is such sad news, and my thoughts and prayers are with Rey's loved ones. I'm really going to miss his presence around here.

Bobby, you can count me in for the floral arrangement. I wish that it could be more.

Chris

I am so sorry to hear about Reys passing. :( He is in a better place now and pain free but will truly be missed here and at home. RIP Rey

Rey, will truly be missed by everyone, as James said it choked me up also. Rey was a true friend that always had kind things to say about the forum and fellowship among the hobby. He now joins his father who passed down a wonderful collection to him, andt we all enjoyed seeing his passion for numismatics rise. Rest in Peace Rey you will always be remembered here. :angel:

Very bad news....I don't even know what to say......I was really pulling for him even thought the odds were long. Yes we lost another good one yesterday.... :(

We had a bad storm come through last night and knocked out the power until 4 AM, I stayed up and got out of bed at 10:30 this morning, staggered around making coffee reading the Coin Forum and then came to this?

Thanks Bobby for keeping us up to date with Rey’s struggle for his very existence, tis a sad day indeed to learn that it has come to an end.

I wish I knew Rey. I hope his spirit is carried on through these boards and throughout the numismatic community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his freinds.

Thank you Bobby.