• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you spend $2000 on coins?

How would you spend $2000?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. How would you spend $2000?

34 posts in this topic

I chose 10 coins for $200 each. I suppose this option would change for me as I learn more about coins. For instance, my last comic purchase was $6000 for 1 book.

May I read it? I promise to be careful with the popcorn.

Chris

I chose 10 coins for $200 each. I suppose this option would change for me as I learn more about coins. For instance, my last comic purchase was $6000 for 1 book.

May I read it? I promise to be careful with the popcorn.

Chris

You could if it wasn't slabbed! (thumbs u

I voted for the $200 coins.

The trouble with $20 coins is that the mark-ups will kill you. The lower the retail price of coin goes, the more the price is taken up with service charges and less for value.

One might say that $200 coins have the same problem, but my concern about the $2,000 coin is that you are putting all of you money into one piece. A group of $200 coin will spread the risk.

Still what you should do is buy collector coins you like, and forget about in investing in coins. Coins can provide attractive returns to their owners, but they should not be viewed as strictly investments. The "investment" part should only be a by-product at most.