• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Medals

9 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone at the Boston ANA Show will have the 1981 ANA Convention 3-medal set from New Orleans? They only put them in presentation cases 1981 & 1982, and it would look something like the 1982 below. I don't know if the color of the case would be the same because I've never seen the 1981 and I've been looking for 5 years.

Chris

98690.jpg.b4c4beafb107952dace50cdc23988be2.jpg

Chris - Thanks for posting the image - it sure helps !!

I'll keep my eyes peeled while I'm in Boston in August.

Mike

In 1976, the ANA show in New York was in a specially made Capital Plastics holder. I found this a few years ago and paid $15 for it. Not a bad find at the end of a Whitman show in Baltimore!

Scott

98726.jpg.2eac681ac671888efd63f45db84ef607.jpg

All of the 3-medal sets from 1969-1980 were in the Capital holders. 1981 & 1982 were the only years that the 3-medal sets were in a hinged presentation case. I took all of the medals out of the Capital holders because some of them were pretty loose. Once I find the 1981 set, I want to have all of them slabbed by NGC, but I haven't made up my mind if I want them slabbed individually or in multiholders.

Chris

All of the 3-medal sets from 1969-1980 were in the Capital holders. 1981 & 1982 were the only years that the 3-medal sets were in a hinged presentation case. I took all of the medals out of the Capital holders because some of them were pretty loose. Once I find the 1981 set, I want to have all of them slabbed by NGC, but I haven't made up my mind if I want them slabbed individually or in multiholders.

Chris

This is an old picture because I did open the set and straighten the medals. I also wanted to verify that the serial numbers on the edges matched the serial number on the holder--they do. It is an interesting set because it fits two collections: my New York collection and my 1976 collection.

Scott

Scott,

The entire series has some really neat designs. I'd be hard pressed to decide which I like the best.

Chris