• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Collectors - Post Your Images

89 posts in this topic

I bought a coin to turn into a key chain...

it was counter struck back in the 1890's [ my guess... ]

1870-SHalfRaw-engravedMHayes.jpg

1870-S - and I have to laugh - its not

my birthyear as a few friends have

kidded me about...

:o

Not in the lofty and stunning looks of many posted here..( Elbezzar, you have a great eye for eye appeal), but here are 2 of my recent pick-ups that are appealing for their XF40 and XF45 grades..1857 and a 1878..

108619.jpg.5309db9ae912d660f368899229005b94.jpg

108620.jpg.d40e2374844719b139f4ed1e8c52f0c2.jpg

108621.jpg.da88bb60823e6f71ffea7dea97b575c8.jpg

108622.jpg.078e3d8b48a3125c0aa09fcafdbddf96.jpg

Not in the lofty and stunning looks of many posted here..( Elbezzar, you have a great eye for eye appeal), but here are 2 of my recent pick-ups that are appealing for their XF40 and XF45 grades..1857 and a 1878..

Show us your '78-S!

This thread is great. Really liked Boiler's "Seated Barber", Elbesaar's Stuff (from the OP, the second image is better but you need to post larger images), a few others and Lance's 1878 T$1. Keep the thread going for a few years and maybe I will have something to contribute. lol:)

When I upgraded to a Proof for the Legend Obverse half dime, I decided to keep this 1860 dated piece because of its dawn of the Civil War date, the fact that I won't get much for it and I just liked it. PCGS graded it MS-64, which it is.

1860HalfDimeO.jpg1860HalfDimeR.jpg

And I bought this circulated raw 1862 half dimes years ago and kept it for similar reasons. This one grades EF-45, my grade.

1862HalfDimeO.jpg1862HalfDimeR.jpg

Holy Pattern Batman! Boiler, you never cease to amaze. Not only do you pick great patterns but the cream of the crop of those patterns! Awesome toning!

Great photo there Mr HT! Joe, that quarter is just amazing!

Thanks 'dude, I agree that Mr. Boiler has the most amazing coins and thanks for posting!

Best, HT

When I upgraded to a Proof for the Legend Obverse half dime, I decided to keep this 1860 dated piece because of its dawn of the Civil War date, the fact that I won't get much for it and I just liked it. PCGS graded it MS-64, which it is.

1860HalfDimeO.jpg1860HalfDimeR.jpg

And I bought this circulated raw 1862 half dimes years ago and kept it for similar reasons. This one grades EF-45, my grade.

1862HalfDimeO.jpg1862HalfDimeR.jpg

Both are very nice Bill!

Best, HT

Was this coin in the recent Heritage Long Beach auction?

The obverse especially looks like one I almost went after.

Yes.......... HA images made the coin look like it had cleaned surfaces, if were not for the green bean, I would have never got near it. In hand tho', strong cartwheel with no breaks, frosty devices, and makes in the field consistent with 62. Nevertheless I took a risk bidding sight unseen, but the green bean gave me more confidence to go to the level I bid on it.

Best, HT