• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free safe deposit box at TD Bank if you are old enough

14 posts in this topic

I went to TD Bank the other day and opened a checking account as they are giving away a free HD camcorder (a Flip) for free for a limited time if you:

1) Open a new checking account

2) Pay two bills online using the account

3) Use the debit card for eight purchases

You do have to keep a minimum of $100 in the account at all times.

Since I am over 50 I also qualify for 50+ Checking. Here are the details...

50 Plus Checking

- Competitive variable interest rate

- No minimum daily balance requirement for first year, then $100

- $10 monthly maintenance fee waived if you meet the minimum daily balance requirement

- No minimum initial deposit required to open account

- Free new 3x5 safe deposit box for first 12 months (where available), then 50% off

- Free checks for life

- Free money orders and official checks

Notice the free safe deposit box for a year and then half price afterwards? How could I turn that down? I can always use another box, as it's not safe to keep rare coins at home. Trust me, I have learned this the hard way.

Sorry if you aren't 50 yet, enjoy your youth, you'll be old one day. But if you are 50+ I think this is a very good deal.

One thing though. No one told me to wait a day to sign up for online banking, and now I have to go to the bank and have them sort that out. (After three attempts you are locked out.)

Except for that everyone at the bank was very nice and I have a new safe deposit box for FREE! (And a new Flip in a few weeks...)

Sorry if you aren't 50 yet, enjoy your youth, you'll be old one day. But if you are 50+ I think this is a very good deal.

Hooray for us old people!! :whee:

It does sound like a good deal and will seriously consider this, since I need a new safe deposit box!

Scott

Okay, I'll be the first to reveal my ignorance. The only "TD" I'm familiar with is scored at a football game.

Chris

Toronto Dominian is one of the "big five" banks in Canada along with RBC, CIBC, BOM and Scotia Bank.

Do they have any branches in Southwest Florida?

Chris

I do my banking at TD Bank. I'll be 46 next month. Maybe they will still have the same deal in 4 years. :D

Sorry, I do not know. I have never seen one. My suggestion is to look on their website. However, I am assuming that even if they do, that this thread is referring to an offer available in Canada which might not be available in the US.

However, I am assuming that even if they do, that this thread is referring to an offer available in Canada which might not be available in the US.

HiHo lives in New York.

However, I am assuming that even if they do, that this thread is referring to an offer available in Canada which might not be available in the US.

HiHo lives in New York.

Sorry guys, I assumed this offer was nationwide. Perhaps it is just in New York.

Check their website and perhaps give them a call. I think the offer expires on June 6th.

And for the record I do NOT work for TD Bank nor are they paying me for viral advertising, although if someone wants to pay me to write nice things about them I am all ears. I just thought it was a good deal and wanted to share it with my fellow collectors.

It's not everyday you can get a free safe deposit box for a year.

Toronto Dominian is one of the "big five" banks in Canada along with RBC, CIBC, BOM and Scotia Bank.

AHA!

So TD is a Canadian bank looking to expand into the US market. I get it now...

It's not everyday you can get a free safe deposit box for a year.

My mom lets me use hers, I think it cost about $15 a year which is virtually free. she has had it for over 20 years so that is probably a grandfathered rate.