• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Feld, have you abandoned us?

23 posts in this topic

Mark, I see you posting zillions of times on the PCGS forums, imparting your quick wit, generosity and unparalleled knowlege. But for us here, nada, zilch, nothing. Why have you abandoned us? frown.gif

TRUTH

Mark, I see you posting zillions of times on the PCGS forums, imparting your quick wit, generosity and unparalleled knowlege. But for us here, nada, zilch, nothing. Why have you abandoned us? frown.gif

That's not true. He posts here all the time. I found 4 posts in the last month.

Personally, I'm surprised he posts over there at all after what happened. gossip.gif

I've always been saddened that Mark doesn't post here much, however, that's his prerogative. Of course, on the threads that he starts he could always cut-and-paste the thread onto both boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've always been saddened that Mark doesn't post here much, however, that's his prerogative. Of course, on the threads that he starts he could always cut-and-paste the thread onto both boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's not wait for him.... devil.gif

I think Mark posts more over beyond because it makes him look wiser!

Also there are more puppies there to attract business than here.

It's likely Mark has all his coins in their slabs.

Or there's probably a cute little redhead over there that he likes.

Actually, only Mark can truly tell us why! Why Mark? Why?

I really don't miss the guy........who was he?

Oh Mark Feld! Now I remember! 27_laughing.gif

Leo juggle.gif

PS When you see or hear from him, tell him I said hi! Heck, if he knows me! 27_laughing.gif

Or there's probably a cute little redhead over there that he likes.

Don't talk about CarolJ like that! 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

jom

It was gruesome, awful, just too horrible to put into words. 893whatthe.gif

Darn. I love gruesome, awful, horrible tales. Too bad I'm not in the know. confused-smiley-013.gif

-JamminJ

TRUTH

Heck, he's been canonized across the street, there's more needed to attract him over here.

He posts more across the street for the same reason that almost everyone (except those banned) post across the street: more traffic. I do not understand why this site does not rival the other in traffic. This weekend, while the PCGS site is down, is a perfect opportunity for this site to pick up the slack. We will see if it does.

......... I do not understand why this site does not rival the other in traffic. This weekend, while the PCGS site is down, is a perfect opportunity for this site to pick up the slack. We will see if it does.

There are a little over 2000 registered members on the NGC forum. The CU forum has more than 7 times that number. That's probably why there's less traffic over here.

I do not understand why this site does not rival the other in traffic.

Both boards have great members, but the FuseTalk software over there is just so much better. I know that might sound trivial, but it makes a big difference to me.

......... I do not understand why this site does not rival the other in traffic. This weekend, while the PCGS site is down, is a perfect opportunity for this site to pick up the slack. We will see if it does.

There are a little over 2000 registered members on the NGC forum. The CU forum has more than 7 times that number. That's probably why there's less traffic over here.

Everything about David Hall, dhrc, pcgs, coin universe, his erroneous hyped up population numbers and price guides, for most who post there, is the optimized explanation of gross exaggeration!

And furthermore, "Those who are in adherence to that forum of thought are going to believe whatever they want no matter what. They have something invested, either emotionally or financially." But in the end, those who are left, they will be holding the end of the stick.

And personally and I believe many here feel the same, we don't want them here!

Leo

Mark is definitely one of the "Good Guys" in the coin business. Each of my dealings with him he's gone over and beyond the call of duty. You can tell he is passionate about his work yet does take the time out at a busy show schedule to talk coins.

You know he's a good guy when he'll break from his million dollar inventory to give an honest and detailed appraisal of a lesser, $60. coin.

I'd love to see Mark post more over here, of course, but his lack of doing so in no way negates all the good he provides.

Everything about David Hall, dhrc, pcgs, coin universe, his erroneous hyped up population numbers and price guides, for most who post there, is the optimized explanation of gross exaggeration!

And furthermore, "Those who are in adherence to that forum of thought are going to believe whatever they want no matter what. They have something invested, either emotionally or financially." But in the end, those who are left, they will be holding the end of the stick.

Do you really need to look any further than attitudes like this for a reason many worthwhile posters avoid this place?

Do you really need to look any further than attitudes like this for a reason many worthwhile posters avoid this place?

27_laughing.gif Thank you! acclaim.gif

Leo

Sour grapes!

Actually, King, that was the lamest answer to the question of why this board has so few posters I could think of. Like anyone over on the PCGS forum has some emotional, financial, or other stake in PCGS or CU. Hogwash! I have made some great friends and contacts over on those boards. The fact that PCGS hosts the boards and funds them has little to do with it. (I appreciate that they do, but still submit as many coins to PCGS as I do to NGC--and not too many to either.). I rarely come to these boards because most of the threads I read are about why things across the street are more vibrant and interesting. And don't forget where your star poster over here came from!

And don't forget where your star poster over here came from!

Thanks! Yes, I registered across the street first! wink.gif

Seriously, folks, all this talk of us vs them is getting annoying! Why must we stoop to the lowest common denominator of parochialism and mistrust?

EVP