• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tacky Heritage, Tacky

32 posts in this topic

rantrant BEGINNING!

My Heritage wins arrived today. One of them the front of slab broken and a big chunk missing from the side. Since the missing chunk out was not in the box I have to assume it did not break in the mail, but broke before being shipped.

brokenslab.jpg

Wouldn't you think that at the very least a note would have been included apologizing for sending a broken slab? An offer to reslab it for me? Any sort of acknowledgment?

And it's absolutely not the cost of reholdering it. I wouldn't have even accepted an offer as it's a meaningless amount of money and I'll just do it at a show. It's just tacky in my opinion to send it like this without saying anything. I'd expect that from a low class outfit, not Heritage.

rantrant OVER!

No, the auction pic shows a nice slab.

Another slab I won has the edge chipped away. Turns out it was visible in the picture if you look very closely.

And it's absolutely not the cost of reholdering it. I wouldn't have even accepted an offer as it's a meaningless amount of money and I'll just do it at a show.

The cost of re-holdering is not cheap any more. The last PCGS slab I had re-holdered cost me $38 and that only included the registered mail fee ONE WAY. I also had to set the registered mail insurance at lower than the cost of the coin because the full amount added another $10 to the cost. As a dealer you not only have that cost but also the time your inventory is out of your hands and not available for sale.

Yep, a busted, scratched or otherwise damaged slab does affect the value of the lot and the bid you might make.

The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. The slab was cracked and broken but the pieces were not in the package.

I called Heritage and told them what happened and that I was not pleased to say the least. They said to send it back and they would have it reholdered at their expense. It still cost me postage and insurance to send it back and it took over a month and a half to get the coin back. :frustrated:

That just aint right. Heritage could have should have given you something for your troubles, Cent. The broken slab above to I would call them on it. I'm sorry to see that :(

It seems to me that Heritage should refund the re-holder fee plus shipping to and from NGC.

Sorry, I don't think that sending a buyer a coin in a cracked slab is tacky--It is a very bad business practice and misleading at best.

Contact Heritage management directly. Heritage handles alot of coins, someone in their shipping department is trying to cover an accidental dropping of your slab. Make sure you mention the absence of slab fragments in the package. If you explain the situation to Heritage management they should be willing to reholder and cover all shipping and incidental charges. After all they have the photos and description of your coin and would know the condition of the coin/slab you bid on.

I have always found Heritage to be an honorable company.

Please keep us appraised of your communications and responses. I would have no problem with communicating with Heritage if you don't get reholdering at no charge.

$ilverHawk

i have NOT found this to be true from my personal and direct experience with them

i have NOT found this to be true from my personal and direct experience with them...quite the opposite in fact

Michael, I most certainly respect your opinion but that is a broad based unsubstantiated slam at a pretty well respected firm. Without explaining the events that lead you to that opinion I believe your post as it stands is unfair.

i have NOT found this to be true from my personal and direct experience with them...quite the opposite in fact

Michael, I most certainly respect your opinion but that is a broad based unsubstantiated slam at a pretty well respected firm. Without explaining the events that lead you to that opinion I believe your post as it stands is unfair.

i think your post is unfair without posting any of your details so touche

and to impune my integrity on here ................. pretty well respected?? maybe BUT NOT BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES WITH THEM

JUST because you like them you are offended when someone has another opinion different from yours

did they drop the ball and outright lie to me yes!!

did i get my promised deal?? no

after two months of not returning my phone calls or e mails to them when i asked for my coinS back all of a sudden i got three calls in the same day from higher ups in the chain telling me that they aint gonna send me my coins back and that they will hold them for 6 months to put in another auction?? are you nuts

finally i demanded my coins back when they (their rep) did not keep one not one of their promises to me

they finally sent my coins back

mark feld called greg rohan on my behalf and gred never called him back

so i dont owe you fat one or anyone any explainations as heritage was the one

who was

broad based unsubstantiated slam AT ME at a pretty well UN-respected firm.

my post is not broad based it is from personal experience (i NEVER questioned your personal experiences as an outright lie) and based on the way i was treated and outright lied to they were not well respected by their actions towards me

i expect fatman a apology from you on here

and after mark feld personally called greg rohan and there was NO REPLY

the matter was put to rest when i got my consignment back from them

as it was all hearsay based on their representatives words/promises and actions to me when he visited me in my hometown took me out to lunch and also on the phone after they received my consignment and did nothing with it for 2 months for their premiere special auction of like coins and after the last auction consignment date went by which by the way highlighted the type of coins i had to sell i was told that they will just put them in another auction 6 months in the future

yea right

and all their promises made by the rep was totally false

they sat for two months and the 4 things they said they would do before the auction they never did

it was impossible for them in 2 months to ever return my calls or contact me

do i think i was treated?? unfairly oh my yes do i think they were un professional?? yes! did they answer or explain themselves when confornted NOPE

so it was put to rest

would i consider ever consigning to them in the future i dont know

would i recommend them to anyone i dont know

have they done some wonderful things for others?? i am sure

but just because your experiences are differnet from mine does not make my opinions of them not true

i am entitled to my opinion as you are yours but the difference is that i did not call you A LIAR WHEN YOU SAID YOU HAD A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE

YOU OWE ME AN apology

well respected lol

maybe from others experiences but

ONLY MY EXPERIENCES COUNT IN HOW THEY Treated me and it was downright offrensive

and yes the person who met me and promised me all this wound up "leaving" heritage shortly thereafter

but because i see this man and he has a family to support and has some health issues i dont kiss and tell

i was lucky to get my coins back from the big bad H

now do i like their website and do i talk to many at heritage of course

but as for my experiences

I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THST EVER AGAIN

it made me physically ill and stressed out which caused my chronic disease i was born with go out of wack....... keeping my stuff lying to me and never getting back to me

fat man

you got some nerve calling me some sort of liar on here

you are totally wrong, extremely rude and insensitive

What's up with the green spots on the lower obverse? I'm surprised to see that coin in an NGC holder.

That's a giant glob of PVC. I'll get it off the coin.

When a company is as large as Heritage, I doubt that anyone of significance handled the coin after the sale and during the shipping process (or lets say, after the slab was broken, which must have happend at some point after listing, in this case). It's likely that some careless hourly worker is the only person who saw it, at that point down the line.

well respected lol

maybe from others experiences but

ONLY MY EXPERIENCES COUNT IN HOW THEY Treated me and it was downright offrensive

and yes the person who met me and promised me all this wound up "leaving" heritage shortly thereafter

but because i see this man and he has a family to support and has some health issues i dont kiss and tell

i was lucky to get my coins back from the big bad H

now do i like their website and do i talk to many at heritage of course

but as for my experiences

I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THST EVER AGAIN

it made me physically ill and stressed out which caused my chronic disease i was born with go out of wack....... keeping my stuff lying to me and never getting back to me

fat man

you got some nerve calling me some sort of liar on here

you are totally wrong, extremely rude and insensitive

Michael, I in no way called you a liar. What I wrote was that you stated Heritage is dishonorable and you did not substantiate your claim. I believe that if you are going to publicly call someone dishonorable it is only right to back it up with facts. Just saying personal experience is not enough for such a broad statement.

You have now done so and now we all have an understanding of your statement.

Now, I might argue that you owe me an apology as my post was not rude, nor insensitive, nor wrong. I am no fan of Heritage either, but I would never call them dishonorable without listing the reasons I believe so. But I;m a big boy and don't need apologies.

i still stand my my words

and i am NOT dishonorable by voicing my opinion as such

i disagree you do owe me an apology by judging me

Michael, I in no way called you a liar. What I wrote was that you stated Heritage is dishonorable and you did not substantiate your claim

you most certainly did fatman i stated what was my opinion and was true i do not owe you any explainations on my opinion

The slab may have been dropped and cracked at any time after it was cataloged. It may have been dropped at the auction viewing or even at the point of shipping and the igher ups at Heritage may not have known anything about it. Guy in the shipping dept may have dropped it and simply picked it up and put it in the box.

I was at a table at the Coinfest Show with some slabs in front of me. I felt something strange and it was plastic pieces from where a small part of the corner of the slab crumbled apart.

The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. The slab was cracked and broken but the pieces were not in the package.

I called Heritage and told them what happened and that I was not pleased to say the least. They said to send it back and they would have it reholdered at their expense. It still cost me postage and insurance to send it back and it took over a month and a half to get the coin back. :frustrated:

It's happened to me as well, though I did not call to get the problem rectified. To top it off, it was a mildly expensive Reiver half-dime in the slab, and I mean... the slab was shattered, just barely remaining together. I simply scotch-taped the edges carefully, not wanting to bother reholdering, since I expected the next owner would want it removed from the plastic anyhow.

I did resell it with no problem.

First of all I like Heritage and consider them a top notch auction company.

However almost every certified coin that I have ever won from them has arrived in a scratched or scuffed holder. I have never received a blemish free holder from Heritage.

On the other hand I have always received coins in perfect or near perfect holders from the Goldberg's and from Scotsman. So it can be done.

Heritage needs to put someone new in charge of their shipping department.