• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Furcation of the + Coin Market

15 posts in this topic

I'm getting my business plan ready for launch around 6 months after the pluses hit the market...

[font:Comic Sans MS]What started out as a good idea to separate the high end coins from the chattel has ended up badly. Due to gradeflation there are many coins in + slabs that don't deserve to be in them. These + coins are frequently separated into three categories (A, B, & C). There are the A coins that are top of the line that sell for premiums, the B coins which are average, and the C coins which are low end and just made the cut or shouldn't even be in the + slab. Clearly you don't want to be stuck with these low end C coins especially since you are paying a + premiums for them.

The TPGs lump all the A, B, & C coins into one giant + category. That makes it hard to know what you're buying. If you bid sight unseen on + coins at auction, the only ones you are going to win are the C coins as those people bidding in person will be able to tell the A & B coins from the C coins. I can level the playing field.

Because I want to make money off your inability to learn for yourself I want to help my fellow collectors, I've come up with a business plan.

For a small fee you can show me your + coins and I will review them and affix them with a sticker to denote where they fall in the A, B, & C categories. My new patent pending stickers will help you easily see what + coins are A, B , or C.

The A coins (A Pluses™) will have a Panda sticker affixed. After all, who doesn't love pandas? panda.jpg

The B coins (B Pluses™) will have a Rhubarb sticker affixed to them. Rhubarb isn't exciting, but doesn't conjure up great dislike. It's neutral. rhubarb.jpg

The C coins (C Pluses™)will have a Helen Keller sticker affixed. These coins would only look good to a blind person. helenkeller.jpg

Of course there are those coins that belong in a higher grade slab. For those I will affix my Unicorn sticker. These coins are so rare that you've heard stories about them, but probably never seen one in person. unicorn.jpg [/font]

I'm getting my business plan ready for launch around 6 months after the pluses hit the market...

[font:Comic Sans MS]What started out as a good idea to separate the high end coins from the chattel has ended up badly. Due to gradeflation there are many coins in + slabs that don't deserve to be in them. These + coins are frequently separated into three categories (A, B, & C). There are the A coins that are top of the line that sell for premiums, the B coins which are average, and the C coins which are low end and just made the cut or shouldn't even be in the + slab. Clearly you don't want to be stuck with these low end C coins especially since you are paying a + premiums for them.

The TPGs lump all the A, B, & C coins into one giant + category. That makes it hard to know what you're buying. If you bid sight unseen on + coins at auction, the only ones you are going to win are the C coins as those people bidding in person will be able to tell the A & B coins from the C coins. I can level the playing field.

Because I want to make money off your inability to learn for yourself I want to help my fellow collectors, I've come up with a business plan.

For a small fee you can show me your + coins and I will review them and affix them with a sticker to denote where they fall in the A, B, & C categories. My new patent pending stickers will help you easily see what + coins are A, B , or C.

The A coins (A Pluses™) will have a Panda sticker affixed. After all, who doesn't love pandas? panda.jpg

The B coins (B Pluses™) will have a Rhubarb sticker affixed to them. Rhubarb isn't exciting, but doesn't conjure up great dislike. It's neutral. rhubarb.jpg

The C coins (C Pluses™)will have a Helen Keller sticker affixed. These coins would only look good to a blind person. helenkeller.jpg

Of course there are those coins that belong in a higher grade slab. For those I will affix my Unicorn sticker. These coins are so rare that you've heard stories about them, but probably never seen one in person. unicorn.jpg [/font]

Great idea, Greg! I'd like to invest in your venture. I'll give you $10.00USD for 1,000,000 shares.

Chris

But wait, what will you do with indian cents that have the green bean and the eagle eye - you won't have any room left to add your sticker that differentiates the wheat from the chaff! :roflmao:

But wait, what will you do with indian cents that have the green bean and the eagle eye - you won't have any room left to add your sticker that differentiates the wheat from the chaff! :roflmao:

I'll just put the sticker over the coin. It's not really that important to be able to see the coin.

I'll just put the sticker over the coin. It's not really that important to be able to see the coin.

The back of the slab is free?

I want a Panda!

36_11_6.gif