• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Sad offering by ANACS - New to me :(

15 posts in this topic

Mike, my guess is that whoever submitted those probably had a bulk submission.........5,000? 10,000? Or more?..........and they got 2,000 MS70's. What would you like to bet it was one of the shopping networks, and they arranged to get a special slab just for their SAE's.

Chris

Don't all the major grading services do the same thing? I remember seeing NGC slabs with silver dollars graded "UNCIRCULATED" that were obviously intended for a mass marketer targeting non-collectors. I don't have a problem with it myself.

The TPG buys bulk from the mint. Then they use a different holder than if you or I submitted them.

No third party grader buys bullion directly from the mint. The United States Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, the United States Mint distributes the coins in bulk, through a network of official distributors called Authorized Purchasers who, in turn, sell them to secondary retailers who in turn submit to grading companies.

Edit: Minimum ordering requirement is 25,000 coins.

Mike, my guess is that whoever submitted those probably had a bulk submission.........5,000? 10,000? Or more?..........and they got 2,000 MS70's. What would you like to bet it was one of the shopping networks, and they arranged to get a special slab just for their SAE's.

Chris

This sounds like a good reason for this funky slab.

Don't all the major grading services do the same thing? I remember seeing NGC slabs with silver dollars graded "UNCIRCULATED" that were obviously intended for a mass marketer targeting non-collectors.

Yes they do. PCGS does it less than the others but they all do it.