• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Now Across The Street ...

300 posts in this topic

Carolj, is a Harpy, Harridan. They must have hired her from the California DMV! She has been allowed by management over there to develop her hostile posturing and no one seems to mind, so I guess it is policy or at least tacitly OK for her to treat people that way. I only occasionally (every few years) get upset about the way she treats people, or at least treated me. Most of the time, she is dust in the wind!

However, the bottom line is that they don't get my money for membership and I don't go over there more than maybe once every year or two and then only when referred from here regarding some information. Eventually, she will dump on one too many people and it will get her dumped. In the meantime, I will just stay over here or visiting other sites where I can contribute and feel a part of.

ME TOO OLDTRADER3-IM NOT WORTHY OF THIER GREATNESS IVE BEEN TOLD lol -SO MY ISP IS BLOCKED, WHICH IF I WANTED ON, ID JUST GET ON WITH MY LAPTOP-

EVERYONE I WANNA DEAL WITH I GOT THEIR EMAIL OR THEY ARE ON HERE TOO- SO THEY DONT MATTER MUCH TO ME ANYMORE

SHE SAID DON WILLIS WAS GONNA CALL ME ON MONDAY, JUST ANOTHER ONE OF HER LIES, I FIGURE I CAN GET MY COINS GRADED HERE JUST FINE :)

PLUS I DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH HER lol

I GOT BANNED TWICE FOR CALING BS ON THEM AND THEY GOT CAUGHT-SO THEY HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GET RID OF ME

I USED TO COLLECT CARDS- SENT IN 2 2007 ADRIAN PETERSON ROOKIE CARDS BY SAGE, BOTH CAME BACK EOT- (EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING) doh!

LIKE SOMEONES GONING TO TRIM A PACK FRESH CARD, SO I SENT EM OFF TO SCG, CAME BACK A 10 AND A PRISTINE, THEN I LET EM HAVE IT lol

CarolJ is taking considerable grief within this thread and she obviously is not here to defend herself so please let me add a voice to this discussion that does not agree with much of what has been written about her. I have known Carol for a decade or more, have had multiple conversations on the phone with her, have exchanged hundreds of private messages over the years with her and have even met her at shows. In my experience, Carol has been witty, helpful and patient while always being a treat to interact with not matter what the issue or platform. Obviously, not everyone feels this way, but I think she is taking on some flak for problems that might not be of her causing and also because she may be one of the more visible people behind PCGS for forum or ex-forum members.

Thanks Tom, and, having had numerous interactions with Carol over the years, I feel the same way. She puts up with quite a bit, and is usually extremely understanding.

I have seen her blamed for decisions and actions which obviously weren't even hers.

Thanks Tom, and, having had numerous interactions with Carol over the years, I feel the same way. She puts up with quite a bit, and is usually extremely understanding.

I have seen her blamed for decisions and actions which obviously weren't even hers.

I think some of the blame belongs with Mark so I say we turn our attention towards him....get em boys :boo: :boo: :boo:

:devil:

I think some of the blame belongs with Mark so I say we turn our attention towards him....get em boys :boo: :boo: :boo:

Okay! I'll start the ball rolling........

Ten complaints I have about Mark

Chris

I never said I didn't like Carolj, I just said I find it not wise to poke Carolj, there is a difference.

Her words about sig lines:

"If that doesn't work we will deactivate your account."

To put that into layman's terms...perma-bammed

Now, back to to your regularly scheduled bashing of Mark.

1. He doesn't exist...just go to a show and you will never see him :devil:

Chris

Chris

That might be a good thing. :D

I never said I didn't like Carolj, I just said I find it not wise to poke Carolj, there is a difference.

Carol is not in charge there - don't you think those warnings might have been issued by someone else and that she was passing them along? ;)

Chris

That might be a good thing. :D

I think you are avoiding me...I am quite the looker you know :cloud9:

Carol is not in charge there - don't you think those warnings might have been issued by someone else and that she was passing them along? ;)

No, she is not in charge, but she has been delegated and has the authority to deactivate your account. She's not a bad looking person either, it's just that those PCGS knit pull over shirts don't do much for a woman.

I don't have a problem with carolj nor SportsModerator2 at the PCGS forums as both have always been quick to reply to my queries. I imagine they both simply do what they're told with regard to forum moderation.

However, a lot of bleeding has occured since the presidency changed hands.

As for the 4 resurrected accounts, yes, Marks one of them and I don't have a problem with Mark at all. I like Mark and trust his judgement although we don;t always see eye to eye. (Maybe it cause he's taller?)

Anaconda came back from the dead and has been gabby, gabby, gabby lately. More so than I ever recall but his topics are more for discussion than opinions on a specific coin or its attributes. I like his subject matter.

There's a third one who is very well known that got bammed but the account is still active. In other words, when you try to logon to it, you don't get the "Login Denied, you are not authorized to login to the forums." page, instead you get, "Your login credentials were invalid." page. This tells me that the person "could" login but chooses not to do so for whatever reason.

The fourth id wasn't really resurrected but is a member that was previously banned and came in under an ALT which certain unnamed folks at PCGS are fully aware of.

Carol was, in her defense, not the one who lied to me (on more than one occasion), but she was pretty rude and being banned for life from a site that you pay to belong to because they lied is a little unfair to say the least! I realise Tom that she is not here and that you spend time there, fine, but I never got her ear at all just rude treatment.

Maybe I am giving her a bum rap, but had she been a little more polite and worked with me, I would feel better about it. I am not usually a rude person and was not to her, in fact.

Doesn't it seem odd that, given the high cost of some coins and the amount of money involved as an outcome of grading a coin, that we, as a hobby have had a pretty motley collection of certification, for profit agencies throughout the years. It just seems rather odd to me that people would place so much credibility and money in the hands of third party grading companies who have little honor and lie like crazy to their customers (no finger pointing, if the shoe fits, wear it). Then to have these same people, who behave this way, make the life and death grading decisions for collectors on how much their coins are worth!

It makes me wonder why I collect coins at all, given the uneven, dishonest nonsense that is playing out every day with certain individuals who have (or have had) influence in this hobby? Could you imagine an authenticator of classic art being caught dipping paintings into solvent to authenticate those paintings and what would happen if they were caught? Now don't bother telling me that coins are different and that this behavior is fine, because it is not acceptable in any fashion, especially without the permission of the owner of the collectible! Acid dipping always damages the surfaces of a coin the only question is how much on that particular dip?

Who else sees the hypocrisy in all of this behavior? In fact, how many collectors on this forum have had coins turn in the holder and effectively, heavily, devalue their coin value through incomplete dipping and neutralizing the dip afterward. I have had many slabs do this and many (in fact) in PCGS holders darken and change color. Now the question becomes who dipped these coins?

shes lied to me on numerous occasions,joe orlando even brought me back once for her stupidity ,& i still aint got my phone call from don willis yet lol

ill spend my $ here on a membership since i got gold coins to grade now,i'll just say no to carolj lol

It makes me wonder why I collect coins at all, given the uneven, dishonest nonsense that is playing out every day with certain individuals who have (or have had) influence in this hobby?

I collect coins because I thoroughly enjoy the hobby. I enjoy studying the history around the pieces I own, the die varieties, the list of past owners who have owned the great rarities, and I enjoy helping other collectors and talking to knowledgeable dealers and collectors. As for the negative people in this hobby I tend to avoid them. And if they chose to push me, I’ll push back.

The biggest trouble with the people who run PCGS is that they are so thin skinned. They can’t take any kind of criticism, and they ban those express any. They would do well to listen to their customers now and then. It would not diminish the perception of expertise that the company has achieved in the market, and it would improve the quality of their product. But if I said this over there, I’d probably be banned like many others.

I enjoy the PCGS site because there is so much action over there. Reactions to posts can come fast and furious, and that can be fun and educational. The problem is I have to watch what I say over there. It’s sort like the scene from My Fair Lady where Henry Higgins tells Eliza that she is talk only about your health and the weather. And yet we all know that plan ultimately ran amuck at Ascot. ;)

........and being banned for life from a site that you pay to belong to...........
The forums ATS are free so I don;t understand why this "pay to belong to" business keeps coming up.

As for the guessing game................it's easy enough to figure out.

........and being banned for life from a site that you pay to belong to...........
The forums ATS are free so I don;t understand why this "pay to belong to" business keeps coming up.

As for the guessing game................it's easy enough to figure out.

I suppose the argument is there people who have paid money to belong to the PCGS collectors' groups that get breaks on slabbing fees, and those who pay for data resource sites, like Coin Facts, who have been banned from posting ATS. They think that they should get re-instated.

Yea, he went after the threads that posed some hypothetical situations that he didn’t like. Yet there was some pretty PNG bashing over there, (and yes I can be a basher of that organization) and he let it rip unimpeded. Of course the PNG chose NGC over PCGS as their official grader so that probably makes them fair game. (tsk)

Yea, he went after the threads that posed some hypothetical situations that he didn’t like. Yet there was some pretty PNG bashing over there, (and yes I can be a basher of that organization) and he let it rip unimpeded. Of course the PNG chose NGC over PCGS as their official grader so that probably makes them fair game. (tsk)
More accurately, you mean the PNG chose NGC's higher monetary offer over PCGS's, in order to declare NGC their grader of choice.

More accurately, you mean the PNG chose NGC's higher monetary offer over PCGS's, in order to declare NGC their grader of choice.

It's always about the money, and it always will be.

Is it true that PCGS's bid was $0.00

I don't blame them. I like NGC, but I wouldn't pay a fee to be recognized as their grader of choice. For an organization that purports to represent neutrality and to regulate the hobby, I find it a bit hypocritical for PNG to sell out its recommendation for money.

It seems to me that blocking web site ads is like using the mute button on a TV. The TV stations and advertisers don't like it at all, but consumers won't buy a TV that does not have the mute function. I guessing that if they carry though on the threat to ban those people that are blocking ads their business would see a decline.

I use firefox and allow banner ads but block pop-ups and blinking, flashing ads as well as those that talk. I find them distracting and annoying. I also block blinking and flashing avatars. I hope I don't get banned ATS, but if I do I'll just have to live without PCGS because I will continue to block the ads I want to block.

It seems to me that blocking web site ads is like using the mute button on a TV. The TV stations and advertisers don't like it at all, but consumers won't buy a TV that does not have the mute function.

The analogy I would use is getting up during TV commercials to fix a snack or use the bathroom, rather than sitting through them.

Another good reason to ban banner ads and such is that they can implement Flash to spread viruses and malware.