• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got Textile??? Well lets see it here....

13 posts in this topic

My newest Morgan purchase and it's one of those coins that you know the minute you see it that you will pay whatever it takes to add it to your collection. It is extremely rare to find a coin with this much textile coverage on one side.....in this case I would say it's nearly 75% and outside of the textile spots the coin is about as neon as you will find with an amazing array of color. So....if you have a textile toned Morgan......please post it here for all to see :acclaim:

Testing2004.jpg

Testing2009.jpg

Slab tilted slightly to show off the textile pattern a bit better....

Testing2013.jpg

Oh and the pictures come via my new Nkon D5000 with a standard lens....need to save up the scratch for the macro lens :blush:

Wow Shane, talk about starting off strong. Mine doesn't compare to that but here it goes. Kinda hard to see in my photo, but becomes much more evident in the Anaconda photo.

MorganDollar1887NGCMS65130133-005Po.jpg

MorganDollar1887NGCMS65130133-00-2.jpg

I like that one lehigh......the one I just posted is certainly the best I have ever owned. Used to have another nice one that I picked up at the Fun show back in 2005 but alas I had to sell it as part of the divorce

bizzare...I wonder what they had the coin setting on when they were ATing it? They should have known SAEs didn't come in bags so how could they have textile bag toning lol

bizzare...I wonder what they had the coin setting on when they were ATing it? They should have known SAEs didn't come in bags so how could they have textile bag toning lol

Shane, it looks like the tiny perforations you'd see on a bandaid patch.

Chris