• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clashes, Cracks, and Color

18 posts in this topic

What a great looking Bustie. I would like it even better with a zero after the 5.

I don't think I would need a loupe or even a 5x to view those monstrous coins ;)

Clashes up the Yin Yang. Very nice P/U and silky photos. With the color, clashes and strike quality you have to be very satisfied with that purchase.

Hawk

I love the coin! My only complaint - and it's just trivial whining on my part - is about how the slab insert is glooping and glopping up over the edge of the coin. But she's a no-question jewel!

I agree about the slab insert. I have a lower-graded 1834 that is worse. When viewing these pictures, I start thinking the coin is MS too. On the label, the grade reads AU-55. Nicest AU-55 out there, for sure. I'd love for all of my AU-55 H10Cs to have zero wear on the talons, that would be sweet. Grade matters not with this one, I bought it for the date on the reverse. There are very, very few out there from 1837 with the date on the reverse (this is the only one I have seen)

I still think this is an UNC. With all the color and clashes, you are correct the grade doesn't matter. It is one sweet coin.