• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I signed up as a full paid member of NGC last night

6 posts in this topic

PCGS finally got on my last nerve and I joined as a paid member here last night.

I hope my coins do not add any extra days to the wait here.

I was at the long beach show last week and NGC made an annoucement that they could not take anymore coins for grading. (reach their comfort limit I guess)

While PCGS was taking in coins as fast as they could knowing that they could not grade them all, (what bastards).

Happy to be here

Glen

I assume you mean for the same day show grading? Someone said that PCGS was taking 3 days to turn the coins around. NGC was at 2 days. I did 2 coins at NGC and they both crossed and upgraded. cloud9.gif Wonder how many times I'd have had to run the coins thru PCGS to finally get the accurate grade?

As for NGC grading coins, they seem to be close to their target published turnaround times - within maybe 2-3 business days.

One thing I did notice about PCGS was that not only did they up their prices, no only did they up their turnaround time, but they also instituted value limits per tier. That's OK, because David Hall said turnaround times should be coming down in about 2 weeks. Of course he's been saying that since June, but I believe him now.... grin.gif

I was told by a very trustworthy dealer, that PCGS began a crackdown of submitting dealers who abused the $65 show tier for submission of coins in the $1500 and lower category. For many, many shows, the top submitters would use the $65 tier for highpower coins well above the $1500 value, so PCGS forced them to now use the $85 tier.

TRUTH

I was told by a very trustworthy dealer, that PCGS began a crackdown of submitting dealers who abused the $65 show tier for submission of coins in the $1500 and lower category. For many, many shows, the top submitters would use the $65 tier for highpower coins well above the $1500 value, so PCGS forced them to now use the $85 tier.

Sounds dumb. If the coin is worth much more than $1500, just bill the dealer the higher rate. They raised the rates for EVERYONE. They also raised the true same day rate to $200.

I'm waiting until they raise their economy prices to $25. You can still use the $16 rate, but those will take 19 months. If you want them back in 1 month it is $25.

It's fine if they want to raise rates for any reason, but be honest with the customers about it. Nothing but lies.

I've read enough posts on the other board to know many people are getting frustrated especially with some orders that are not being done anywhere near FIFO. Keensteeler (did I get his name right?) asked a question on the QA forum in regards to FIFO (First in First out) but it was never answered, he posted a message on the US Coin Forum wondering outloud if his question would be answered and the last I checked, still no answer... except some flack from a few people who didn't like the complaining.

It looks like NGC is going to gain some market share.

Dave