• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm sick today, so guess the Grade and Overton!!!

8 posts in this topic

So I have been drifting in and out of consciousness, eating chicken soup and drinking juice, going back and forth between stuffy and runny nose, so amid all this (and to have an excuse to enter James' contest), I present you with a new Bustie I just got in the mail a couple days ago from a fellow board member. Everyone but the person I bought it from can guess the PCGS grade and the Overton variety, though if the seller chooses to "guess" that would be a welcome excuse to shame them mercilessly! So here she is, 189 years young:

93961.jpg.482b2111f2f86b715a10de4ed63a7915.jpg

93962.jpg.0b4f96951784da2caa2deb54cbcd6eb0.jpg

101A, that is... I would say VF 30. I wonder where Jeff got that one from? :grin:

Yes Dave, it's amazing how these coins still circulate even after nearly 200 years! lol Yes, I bought it from Chad, and it's graded VF-30 by PCGS, and Chad thought it was an O-101, though you think it's an O-101a, and honestly, I am on the fence. If the die break at RICA was more evident, I would say it's a no problem 101a, so for now it's an O-101enigma.