• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFCENTER MEXICO 8 REALES

9 posts in this topic

I found this 1890 Mexico 8 reales. It looks like about 55% offcenter with a date. I would grade it as AU-55. I have never seen one before and can't find any other reference to one on the internet.

Does anyone have a idea as to value? Thanks

385267-scan0002.jpg.ad5a3bd855f6df46a01b0a2d474c5cb2.jpg

Very interesting coin, Dave! Unfortunately, that is all I am able to say about it. Hopefully, there is a member out there that can shed more light on it. Maybe Greg?

David

Cool thumbsup2.gif

Never seen one quite like that before but I am not surprised. I collect 8 reales but only from the colonial period so I am not up the values for these. I will say though, world coin errors are not really uncommon but they not as popular as US errors. So the market for them is somewhat limited.

I have no doubt there those who collect them and would likely pay a pretty penny for such a nice example. But you might have to look for quite a while before finding a buyer.

That's just a cool coin chinook! thumbsup2.gif For what it's worth, I can credit GDJMSP for getting me launched on the pieces of eight. He has a wonderful eye for the coins of the colonial period.

Hoot

I have no idea of value. Send an email to Byers or Weinberg asking about value. Weinberg has been helpful when I spoke with him in person.

That's just a cool coin chinook! thumbsup2.gif For what it's worth, I can credit GDJMSP for getting me launched on the pieces of eight. He has a wonderful eye for the coins of the colonial period.

Hoot

Thanks for the compliment wink.gif Now when ya gonna show us some pics Hoot confused-smiley-013.gif