• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its Snowing in Charleston!!! - Post a Blast White Coin

24 posts in this topic

Looks... cold, Bobby. It's actually pretty, but too freekin' cold for my southern blood.

I think they said this is the most snow we've had since 1929. Suppose to be in the 50's this wknd, so I figure it's gonna be gone real soon jason. :wishluck:

Looks... cold, Bobby. It's actually pretty, but too freekin' cold for my southern blood.

I think they said this is the most snow we've had since 1929. Suppose to be in the 50's this wknd, so I figure it's gonna be gone real soon jason. :wishluck:

Same here Bobby. (thumbs u

Picture006-21.jpg

Geez... you boys from Texas and South Carolina don't know nothin' from snow. Here in the DC area, we started with 24 inches last weekend and was given a gift of another 12 inches on Wednesday! This year, we've had more snow than Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Madison, and Vancouver BC. We've nicknamed it Snowmageddon 2010!

The attached picture is from my neighborhood on the Monday after the first 24 inches of snow. The entrances to the townhouses on the right are about 5 feet off the ground. The snow fall and the drifts are about three feet tall.

Now go out and shovel that... I dare you!! :insane:

Scott :hi:

93449.jpg.a8b99e68a98928e5aa4a57463def4063.jpg

Geez... you boys from Texas and South Carolina don't know nothin' from snow. Here in the DC area, we started with 24 inches last weekend and was given a gift of another 12 inches on Wednesday! This year, we've had more snow than Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Madison, and Vancouver BC. We've nicknamed it Snowmageddon 2010!

The attached picture is from my neighborhood on the Monday after the first 24 inches of snow. The entrances to the townhouses on the right are about 5 feet off the ground. The snow fall and the drifts are about three feet tall.

Now go out and shovel that... I dare you!! :insane:

Scott, is the Rockville Civic Center still on Old Baltimore Rd? It was a Civil War mansion, and the estate was donated to the city as far back as I can remember.

We used to go sledding there. Off of the service drive, there was a steep hill about 300 yards long, or so, that ended at a creek. We had an old Hudson car hood that would hold about 10 of us, and you had to bail out before it hit the drop-off into the creek.

Chris

I used to live in Michigan long time ago. I know about shoveling snow, and the fun stuff of driving on frozen ponds too! lol

:grin: us minnesotans even pull the cabins onto the lake!!

iceshack.jpg

iceshack1.jpg

iceshack2.jpg

iceshack33.jpg

just in case you forgot to bring something you can always buy it on the lake!!

store.jpg

I used to live in Michigan long time ago. I know about shoveling snow, and the fun stuff of driving on frozen ponds too! lol

Dang! We've lost all our good residents!

Scott, is the Rockville Civic Center still on Old Baltimore Rd? It was a Civil War mansion, and the estate was donated to the city as far back as I can remember.

We used to go sledding there. Off of the service drive, there was a steep hill about 300 yards long, or so, that ended at a creek. We had an old Hudson car hood that would hold about 10 of us, and you had to bail out before it hit the drop-off into the creek.

Chris

Rockville Civic Center is no longer a civic center, it's now a park and the mansion is a museum and a rental space. The grounds have be "restructured" for the park.

I have to go out soon. I'll take a picture of the snow post Snowmageddon II. Even the people from Minnesota and Michigan will be impressed.

Well, you northerners can laugh all you want, but we got 3 inches of snow here last night. Knocked out power all night, and I just got the internet back a few minutes ago. That is the most snow I've ever seen here, and I've lived here for 17 years now. We southern folk don't like snow - there's a reason we live in the south!

I'll give you this though - it did look pretty this morning.

us minnesotans even pull the cabins onto the lake!!

Hey! A "two holer!" Do you know what kind of envy that would bring in West Virginia? Heck, there's room for all the cousins in that thing too!

Well, you northerners can laugh all you want, but we got 3 inches of snow here last night. Knocked out power all night, and I just got the internet back a few minutes ago. That is the most snow I've ever seen here, and I've lived here for 17 years now. We southern folk don't like snow - there's a reason we live in the south!

I'll give you this though - it did look pretty this morning.

Next time you loose power just use the outside snow!! :grin:

beer.jpg