• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Bowl Coin Toss From Space

14 posts in this topic

The medal that will be used to start Super Bowl XLIV flew on the space shuttle (STS-129). You can see the medal and the picture of the presentation to the NFL at the NFL Hall of Fame at http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1574.html

After the game, the medal will be returned to the Hall of Fame. Those interested in purchasing a replica, the medal will be available through retail outlets.

Scott

Shucks, Scott, based on the title of this thread, I thought they were going to actually toss the coin from space and have it land on the field.

Chris

For those with somewhat deeper pockets, the Space Shuttles are also for sale. Think of the super, award winning display you could have with a replica medal and the real shuttle. (SRBs and external tank are extra.) Perfect for winning Best in Category at the next ANA convention!

Shucks, Scott, based on the title of this thread, I thought they were going to actually toss the coin from space and have it land on the field.

Chris

That was my first thought but it would burn up in the atmosphere.

Chris

They could always make a coin from one of the ceramic tiles on the space shuttle.

Chris

Chris

They could always make a coin from one of the ceramic tiles on the space shuttle.

Chris

That should work but a ceramic coin would have to be cast and then baked at high temperature rather than struck between two dies like a metal coin.

Chris

Chris

That should work but a ceramic coin would have to be cast and then baked at high temperature rather than struck between two dies like a metal coin.

So what! Wampum wasn't made from metal. Coconuts were used for money in the South Pacific. And, there are still some tribes that use their women as cash.

Chris

Wonder what happens when they go to the "Family Bank" to make a deposit or withdrawal? How does interests get paid on deposits?

This might be a little of-topic from football medals.

Wonder what happens when they go to the "Family Bank" to make a deposit or withdrawal? How does interests get paid on deposits?

Yes, we have steered Scott's thread onto a spur line, haven't we?

Sorry, Scott!

Chris :hi:

Yes, we have steered Scott's thread onto a spur line, haven't we?

Sorry, Scott!

Chris :hi:

Yea... so... if it's entertaining, I don't care!! :banana:

Scott