• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marketplace Auction - (2)1930 Boston Tercentenary Set - White Metal & Silver

24 posts in this topic

(2)1930 Boston Tercentenary Committee - Shilling Tree design tokens

Pond 27

White Metal, 28 mm & Silver, 28 mm

Robbins Co. Attleboro, MA

I have had these for a while and was drawn to them by the SHILLING design on the reverse of the token.

3rd Picture and Info is with thanks to "Bill Jones" when asked previously for information on these coins about 6 months ago.

$9.99 start No Reserve for my Friends here on the boards

Check or money order requested

Paypal +3%

Shipping is FREE

YOU ARE BIDDING ON BOTH COINS IN ONE AUCTION

Have fun and Good Luck

ENDS 1/28/2010

92538.jpg.834e3277bfddc791c9d02fa7dacb72a0.jpg

92539.jpg.a91dd37f415c3cfa1882668bb908c307.jpg

92540.jpg.de878a816e3d0b5a817eff1c983ae09b.jpg

3rd Picture and Info is with thanks to "Bill Jones" when asked previously for information on these coins about 6 months ago.

Just for clarification, You do not have the box and paper?

Good point - No I do not - It was for informational purposes only as the 'picture' was supplied by someone else.

Good point - No I do not - It was for informational purposes only as the 'picture' was supplied by someone else.

Oh, really? I wanted the box :(

Oh, really? I wanted the box :(

I've got the box and page, both in excellent condition, that I will be willing to part with for $50.00. :devil:

Chris

"The Massachusetts Bay Tercentenary was celebrated in 1930 across the state with a variety of exonumia. The organizers hoped for a commemorative half dollar, but I suspect the Pilgrim half issued ten years earlier made that goal a long shot. At the end of 1930, Shepard Pond collected the various medals and tokens issued over the year to form a representative collection viewed as the state commission closed its books. Pond went on to publish a list of the items in the June 1931 Numismatist followed by updates over the next two years. The ANA brought the various articles together into a reprint."

Hope this helps

I have conflicting information and perfhaps some more knowledgeable can pipe in ...

I heard anywhere between 2000-10,000

Good Luck Bidders

I have conflicting information and perfhaps some more knowledgeable can pipe in ...

I heard anywhere between 2000-10,000

Good Luck Bidders

If that is true..............................

[font:Comic Sans MS] Box & Papers for the 1930 Boston Tercentenary ~ $500.00 Firm! [/font]

Chris :whistle:

I'll bite.......$40!

I've been away/lurking for awhile (young one is EXPENSIVE), but I still have an itch to buy from the "grinz"! :)

Congratulations .. I must have missed the big day when I was Away ...

Bugmann1974

I guess I could go $50.

Contact me via inbox with

Address and Payment information

Thanks everyone ..

Mike