• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Penny release

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know when the new 2010 penny will be released? Also, I'm not sure this is true or not but I read an article stating that in 2011 the penny will no longer be produced due to cost and that 50,000 proof sets will be made and auctioned off as a farewell to the penny in 2011. I'm not real fond of the 2010 design but it is what it is.

$$$ And if you haven’t figured it out by now – Happy April Fools Day! :)

oh-noDisclaimer: No pennies were harmed in the writing of this blog article. All facts, figures, and other information were made up on the spot or carefully edited for effect, except for the Penny Fun Facts, which lead to legitimate sources of information.

This was on the bottom of the blog.

Little early for april fools. Do you have any hard info like what location in Illinois on the Feb 11th release date?

The date on the article was April 1, 2009.

There will be a ceremony Feb. 11 in Springfield, Illinois.

Just wish they'd get rid of Lincoln from the cents. I think there should be a rule that a design of a president can't be used for longer than they were in office, or worst case... alive!

I guess I will try to make the event since I am only a couple hours from Springfeild.

Regardless of the april fools gag I still have to wonder how long the penny will be around.

Getting rid of the penny and rounding to the nearest nickel is a sure fire way to get people to see that inflation is real. So it won't happen anytime soon.

Nickel, heck. I think we all ought to round to the nearest quarter.

My wish for modern circulating coinage:

*Drop the cent, nickel, dime, and paper dollar, in favor of limiting circulating coins to 25c, 50c, and $1 coins.

*Change the coin sizes so that 25c would be about the size of dimes, 50c the size of nickels, and $1 the size of quarters.

*Drop the dead guys and put Liberty back on those three.

*Tar and feather anyone who wants to start releasing any more 50 coin commemorative series.

Nickel, heck. I think we all ought to round to the nearest quarter.

My wish for modern circulating coinage:

*Drop the cent, nickel, dime, and paper dollar, in favor of limiting circulating coins to 25c, 50c, and $1 coins.

*Change the coin sizes so that 25c would be about the size of dimes, 50c the size of nickels, and $1 the size of quarters.

*Drop the dead guys and put Liberty back on those three.

*Tar and feather anyone who wants to start releasing any more 50 coin commemorative series.

While we're at it, let's make them drop the 9/10ths of a cent at the gas pump and sell 15c hamburgers at Mickey D's, new cars for $2K and BU Morgan dollars for a buck.

Chris

2011 think they have been making them for years their called the One Dollar President coin . In 2011 we just move the decimal over on our money -pay per hr-all payments but not me I have a plan I'm moving to MEXICO because by then nobody going to be living there they will all be here