• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYINC Auction Wins / Purchases

4 posts in this topic

Since the major Heritage auction is over, figured it's time for us to start posting our auction wins and any floor purchases once the show opens on Thursday.

I picked up two coins for my collection:

teutonic3taler.jpg

Teutonic Order. Maximilian of Austria 3 Taler 1614, Davenport 5854A, NGC MS63 NGC (tag only -too thick for the plastic holder).

Extremely attractive with silvery-gray cabinet toning and sharply defined features. The edge is slightly crude due to the thickness of the flan. Rare and desirable in this select quality.

My first 3 Taler of any type. I have nice examples of the 1/4 Taler (MS63), Taler (MS64), & 2 Taler (AU58), so all I need now is a nice 1/2 Taler (very difficult to find), 4 Taler (very expensive), and 10 Taler (gold).

venice-ducato.jpg

Venice. Alvise Mocenigo III Ducato ND (1729) VV, Davenport 1537, Choice Brilliant UNC.

Crudely struck with two natural edge cracks. Rare quality for this heavily circulated trade coinage for the Levant.

I'm working on a set of these types. Only have a handful as they're hard to find nice.

Prices in the auctions seemed soft for a lot of areas. Both coins were a steal and sold for well below my max bids.