• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you NGC and mods for supporting a good experience over here.

23 posts in this topic

The present controversy over at PCGS's forums has only served to emphasize to me how pleasant and informative these boards are, here at NGC. I think that the more relaxed atmosphere we enjoy has a lot to do with the quality of mods and attitude by our hosts. I'd just like to take a moment to thank them for continuing to provide us with this resource, and for refraining from some of the heavy-handed "moderation" tactics we see on other forums. I firmly believe that respect shown results in respect given.

Arch, Dena, and others here at the Collectors Society... :golfclap:

Yes, I agree. :golfclap:

I’m getting tired of PCGS threats and intimidation, and I've never even received a warning over there. I've tried to learn where to hold my tongue with them about touchy subjects, but like I said when they nasty the last time, why should I give my knowledge and experience to not so nice people for free?

Bill, I for one have to say that you amongst others here, are very much appreciated. I thank NGC for creating such a wonderful location for you guys, you know who you are, the gurus.... to feel safe enough to share what you have learned over so many years of collecting and dealing even for some of you. I for one want to thank not only NGC, but you guys who offer so much and so free.

I still peek at PCGS Board occasionally but would never join or participate. NGC is where I call home and I have never felt threatened here. Goes back to the proverb "What you reap you shall sow".

The only reason I still use the PCGS boards is the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum. If our Money Marketplace was more active, I wouldn't use the PCGS forum at all.

I love this place (NGC Forums), and I feel threatened and intimidated with this recent post from Don Willis. A hostile environment, to be sure.

What's a "Money Marketplace"? hm

Agreed, the PCGS BST gets quite a bit of traffic. Of course that would quickly change if most of the board members could no longer view the forums. I'm the sure the PCGS BST is probably the main reason a lot of people post over there.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. This place is the best - best moderators, best people, best discussions. Other places might be more active or have more members, but I'm quite happy with Sleepy Hollow. Honestly, I'd rather it stayed that way too.

Yes, I agree. :golfclap:

I’m getting tired of PCGS threats and intimidation, and I've never even received a warning over there. I've tried to learn where to hold my tongue with them about touchy subjects, but like I said when they nasty the last time, why should I give my knowledge and experience to not so nice people for free?

(thumbs u

The present controversy over at PCGS's forums has only served to emphasize to me how pleasant and informative these boards are, here at NGC. I think that the more relaxed atmosphere we enjoy has a lot to do with the quality of mods and attitude by our hosts. I'd just like to take a moment to thank them for continuing to provide us with this resource, and for refraining from some of the heavy-handed "moderation" tactics we see on other forums. I firmly believe that respect shown results in respect given.

Arch, Dena, and others here at the Collectors Society...

(thumbs u

Yes indeed, thanks to all the folks over here for such a pleasant forum, a place I don't mind spending a little money now and again!

I actively post here and ATS and the atmosphere here is so much more relaxed and polite. I guess every forum has their own culture.

It's also a reflection of how the system is run. NGC/Collector's Society gives us latitude as long as we're civil. And for the most part, we've held up our end of the responsibility. This is good because I like reading what the folks here have to say.

My worry is that if the riff-raff come in from ATS that they will try to change the culture!

Scott

My worry is that if the riff-raff come in from ATS that they will try to change the culture!

Scott

Then sell them some "cultured" pearls from China.

Chris

Case in point:

I (and others) have been overtly critical of NGC's pronged holders (I love the company, hate the holders). Over on PCGS, saying those things about their holders would probably get you kicked off. Over here, they're more tolerant of criticism, provided you're civil about it. NGC > PCGS.

Very good point, Pendragon, I sounded out about the new holders inserts and there was no negative reaction from moderators.

As I stated in a previous post, I applaud the enhanced security features in the new holders---could someone consider using the clear prong inserts that NCS is using? They look alot better than the solid white inserts.

Carl