• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you hope to accomplish with your coins in 2010?

17 posts in this topic

Really want to complete the first full set of Australian Kookaburras in MS70

8 of the harder ones to go and have lots of raw coins of the dates I need, from good sources. Some slots will be eliminated very soon :)

Considering the bleak outlook for the economy and my continued unemployment status, my primary goal for 2010 and beyond will be to preserve as much of my collections as possible. I've already had to sell more than I wanted.

Chris

Don't know if I will make it, but my goal is to hit 200 busties this year...

..................but isn't that a felony?

Chris

Don't know if I will make it, but my goal is to hit 200 busties this year...

..................but isn't that a felony?

Chris

In every state but this one... :rulez:

Because my collection is in a sort of interregnum, I'm not entirely sure what goals I have to for this year. Last year was incredibly good to me, coinwise, completing several of the sets I was working on. 2010 feels like a big fresh start, starting a whole new set. My first goal for the year, of course, will be figuring out what that set is!

I plan on trying to work towards filling my Danscos. Probably get some replicas for a couple key dates but gonna try to fill the slots anyway.

Well,this may or may not sound strange but I've been doing it all along. Most of my sales got to purchasing better coin that I more than likely keep. I sometimes find some incredible deals either at Ebay or my local show.een a few gems I've kept, at a discount,then much better pictures (sometimes) and cross my fingers. I almost never,ever buy junk.Everything I get is usually better than advertised and I don't ask an arm or a leg. If this bothers anybody,I'm not the only one and it bothers me not at all because I never make a killing.

To get my Conders up to 850 varieties. (Currently about 810 varieties), maybe add one or two more 1794 large cent varieties, possibly get a S-1 chain cent.

I would be happy to achieve any one of those three goals.

Better organize, consolidate and streamline my collection. Improve my coin photographic skills and add to my one cent collection (or equivalent) of world coins.

I will try to finish my registry of either my short set walkers or short set mercs. I will downsize my collection by at least 10% and hopefully closer to 25%. That should help me complete one of the sets and also focus on the remainder of my collection w/o all the distractions that I usually encounter :blush:

all great goals!!

it is good to hear there are still out there true collect5ors searching and collecting for their special coins which proves to me there still is a collector coin market out there

I'd love to finish my type set, but right now that is not possible.

I've also developed an interest in some of the old commemorative gold coins. I admire the two smaller Pan-Pac gold pieces, and I've always liked the cute little Grant gold dollar. Others like the Lewis and Clark and 1916 and '17 McKinley coins are less appealing to me.