• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Insurance Update

8 posts in this topic

Greg (gmarguli),

Anything further from your end about collection insurance? Said in a previous thread I started, you would look into it after the holidays.

Got anything for us? laugh.gif

I've got it on my list of things to do. It's sitting right here on my desk. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra resources right now to pull someone away from something else to have them work on this. We are swamped with business right now. I'll see what I can do.

I sent my letter of cancellation into the prior ana sponsored company (I forget their name) and just got an offer from the new one, Hugh Wood Inc., rates basically similar, just under 1% which allows for mailing using registered mail. Not bad I think. They also insure stamps, but under a different policy.

I sent my letter of cancellation into the prior ana sponsored company (I forget their name) and just got an offer from the new one, Hugh Wood Inc., rates basically similar, just under 1% which allows for mailing using registered mail. Not bad I think. They also insure stamps, but under a different policy.

Actually, it is probably the exact same company that does the insurance. Hugh Wood Inc. is not an insurance company. They are insurance brokers. That's the same thing I do. You call them for insurance and they place your policy with a company.

If you go to the Hugh Wood Inc. web site you will see that they are the new ANA insurance brokers. In this business there is very little loyality and if the rates are basically the same then it is probably the same insurance company, just different brokers administering the plan. This happens frequently. The insurance company behind this coverage is Axa Art Insurance Corporation.

I remember Cleland and Associates when I used to have a store. They seemed to specialize in coin and collectibles insurance for collectors and dealers. If I remember correctly, they also insured for destination to destination(such as coin shows). That was a few years ago.

TRUTH