• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess date of 1000 views & win nice gift

49 posts in this topic

I will send a first place coin to robec1347 and a second place coin to pendragon1998. Both are nice coins and please post your new coin once it arrives. Thanks for participating in my contest and wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Coins will be mailed soon.

Thanks, Dean! PM about to be sent. I've really enjoyed looking through your set. The Indian Head design is wonderful. The reverse, in particular, is quite elegant, while the obverse balances it with more complexity than first meets the eye. I was digging the woodgraining on some of your specimens.

It's clear from even a cursory look at your set that you've put a lot of time into finding nice specimens. It's really groovy to see some of the incredibly low mintages on some of those coins as well! Good job! :golfclap:

Some of my favorites:

1780596-005O.jpg

400607-019R.jpg

10795880O.jpg

593531-016O.jpg

I will send a first place coin to robec1347 and a second place coin to pendragon1998. Both are nice coins and please post your new coin once it arrives. Thanks for participating in my contest and wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Coins will be mailed soon.

Congrats Bob and Michael. And a great big thanks to Dean, what a great tribe. Merry Christmas everyone. (thumbs u

Congratulations on 1000 Dean. Your set is well worth a good look as your Indian's are not picked up just to fill a hole. Many appear to be undergraded by one to two points and all have superior eye appeal. If you are not a fan of the IHC series, viewing this set will change your mind. It absolutely blows me away. :cloud9:

If Dean ever has a contest, be sure and enter. Here is one of the prizes from this contest. Way better than anything I could have imagined.

Thanks Dean!!!! (worship)

DoubleDenariusObv001-1.jpgSlabInsert_002.jpg

DoubleDenariusObv001.jpg

DoubleDenariusRev005.jpg

Bob I am glad you like your coin. I have another give away for my Classic Head Half Cent's 1000 view reach closest date. January 7th is the last day taking members guess's. Would love to have more members take a shot at it and give another very nice coin. Bob may 2010 be the best year yet for you and your wife!

Bob I am glad you like your coin. I have another give away for my Classic Head Half Cent's 1000 view reach closest date. January 7th is the last day taking members guess's. Would love to have more members take a shot at it and give another very nice coin. Bob may 2010 be the best year yet for you and your wife!

I totally missed that thread!! doh!

If Dean ever has a contest, be sure and enter. Here is one of the prizes from this contest. Way better than anything I could have imagined.

Thanks Dean!!!! (worship)

He's not kidding! What a wonderful surprise to find in the mail this afternoon, Dean! Thank you so much. I don't know an awful lot about Conders (very little, actually), but I look forward to learning more soon. Perhaps you can get me started. Better photo when I can set up my camera properly.

I think I'm correct in what I've looked up so far, but I'm so new at conders, I wasn't even sure what the D&H number is from! (I since learned it's from Dalton & Hamer’s “The Provincial Token Coinage of the 18th Century”)

1795 Middlesex Lackington's Halfpenny Conder Token

D&H #358a

OBVERSE: Profile bust to right. J. LACKINGTON FINSBURY SQUARE 1795.

REVERSE: A figure of Fame, blowing a trumpet. HALFPENNY OF LACKINGTON ALLEN & CO, CHEAPEST BOOKSELLERS IN THE WORLD.

EDGE: Milled to left //////

Conder_1795.jpg

Michael........Very nice photo. I think your photo is very close to what it looks like in hand.

Bob.......looking forward to giving away couple of more nice coins!!