• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think I could get a star?

26 posts in this topic

Well every time I go through my toned Roosevelts, I always spend

extra time looking at this coin. Do you think I could get a star?

Photo by Bob C

195310CA.jpg

Photo by Teletrade

195310CA.jpg

195310C76.jpg

It's a very nice looking Roosie there Jaime. From what I see and understand about the *star grade, is that it's for exceptional eye quality. Although the toning looks very nice, the Obv looks to not have quite the clean finish that a proof should have. JMO

from the photos and i bet it looks even better in hand

yes i would say in my eyes it is an easy star at ngc (thumbs u

but since i am not the finalizer at ngc nor any of the graders i would think it has a great shot if not a no brainer to get a star at ngc (thumbs u

as usually you rarely never see such flash and blast, vibrance and also toning vibrance and freshness to the fields with proof 1953 roosevelts

Star toned proofs are hard to get - proofs more often get the star for just missing the next cameo level. If the toning on that one really pops in hand, you might be able to swing it. Either way I think its a good looking dime.

Bob......I already sent her back to NGC for the star but they said no!! :sorry:

I needed it in a good holder because the last one was all scratched up!!

I still love the coin and she will not be leaving my set!!

No doubt about it, Roosevelt's are nothing but poor step children.

That is okay with me!! :grin: You can get very nice toned coins below book value!!

The 1951 has a numismedia value of $550 and they usually go for $300 and I paid $226 for

mine on ebay. If it was a franklin it would go for over numismedia!!

I just got a star about two weeks ago on an 1878 8TF that graded 62 with a DMPL obverse. I was hoping for a 63, but I'll take the star.

Chris