• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 quarter to resort back to washington portrait of 1932 obverse

21 posts in this topic

While it is a rendition of the original obverse, it's clearly not the same. In addition to different design elements, the relief cannot be nearly as high as on the original coins. Modern US Mint practices seem to favor low-relief, lifeless coins.

I will not be collecting them.

Its better than spaghetti hair, yes. But no, I have no interest in collecting them.

(thumbs u

will they make them out of 90% silver also for inclusion in special usa federal mint silver sets??

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I concur with MunkyMan in that the relief will be lower than the illustration the Mint is displaying. Think hollow cheeks...

The image has promise but I have found that it sometimes the images produced by the US Mint is lacking. I would like to see the coin in hand before passing judgment.

As for collecting, I will have an album for these coins as I have for every coin since the start of the 20th century. I will collect them because they are legal tender, circulating currency and so I can maintain a complete set of 21st century coinage. I will not collect them like I did for the State Quarters (P-D album, type album, folders for picking state quarters out of change, first day covers, etc.).

Scott

I just want all the dead presidents off the coins.

Amen.

The era of the dead president worship needs to end.

We went for almost 120 years without a president on a circulating coin, we can do it again.

I just want all the dead presidents off the coins.

Amen.

The era of the dead president worship needs to end.

We went for almost 120 years without a president on a circulating coin, we can do it again.

They should look at some of the 19th century French medals for inspiration.

Chris

I notice almost no difference from the current obverse, and I doubt anyone in the general populace would notice a difference either.

I notice almost no difference from the current obverse, and I doubt anyone in the general populace would notice a difference either.

.....i'm sure a lot of collectors WILL notice that TR didn't make it! :eyeroll:

And I keep saying I'll believe it when I see it. Remember by law the 2009 Lincoln obverse was supposed to use the original Brenner 1909 design and relief. Doesn't look like the same 1909 design to me. Something tells me that the 2010 Washington won't look like the 1932 Washington.