• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper guarantee

14 posts in this topic

So the hot thread ATS is coppergate.

If I were NGC I would run a P & L on changing their copper guarantee to 5 years with a limitation or two. They could potentially steal a lot of business. It would be a bold marketing move, but one to consider. However, they are more likely to follow the move ats......just sayin......MJ

If this thread is not appropiate I'll delete it :tonofbricks:

If I were NGC I would run a P & L on changing their copper guarantee to 5 years with a limitation or two. They could potentially steal a lot of business. It would be a bold marketing move, but one to consider. However, they are more likely to follow the move ats......just sayin......MJ

NGC's current copper guarantee is for 10 years - why would reducing it to 5 years "steal a lot of business"?

NGC's current copper guarantee is for 10 years - why would reducing it to 5 years "steal a lot of business"?

Because starting next year PCGS's copper color guarantee will be for zero years and five years is longer than zero years.

Because starting next year PCGS's copper color guarantee will be for zero years and five years is longer than zero years.

Obviously. I understand that, but not the "steal a lot of business" part, by reducing the current NGC guarantee to 5 years. NGC would look much better by maintaining their current 10 year guarantee and pointing to that benefit.

I guess if I were NGC at the end of the 10 year guarantee period a collector could send the coin in for a review. At that point they would get a five year extended warranty if the graders feel the coin is stable. In addition, all raw or PCGS encapsulated crosssover coins would receive a 5 year guarantee if the copper warrants it with limitations in the first 12 months. That covers coins that turn in the holder the first twelve months.

NGC would get extra submissions, collectors get piece of mind and NGC could be the absolute leaders in the copper slabbing business. Whatever would have to be paid on claims should be looked at as a marketing expense and cost of doing business. When I ran a public company that's where all the dice rolling went into----marketing lol

I think all the new business and the marketing value of being the Copper King would far outweigh claims.

If I were NGC I would even considering developing a special Intercept Shield type slab for copper. Or maybe just ship back all encapsulated pieces in Intercept Shields or chargeable silia get packs. This could be a great cross promotion. This would create a copper friendly environment for both the end user and NGC......

Forgive me if any of these measures are already in the works or already policy. If they are I'm just not aware. Shame on me.

Tom, I've been tossed out of a lot of places and have been fired....However, I'd like not to be voted off the NGC Island as the weakest link. I like it here :blahblah:

Mark, my point is that NGC in theory could cover their risk on the downside offering a five year renewable warranty while keeping all current policies in tact and STILL come out smelling like a rose. The submissions and re-submissions would be a top line income stream. There are very few win, win scenario's left in the world. I'm a big believer in taking lay-ups when presented. I may not have all the facts and I'm certainly not a fly on the wall.

MJ

I guess if I were NGC at the end of the 10 year guarantee period a collector could send the coin in for a review. At that point they would get a five year extended warranty if the graders feel the coin is stable. In addition, all raw or PCGS encapsulated crosssover coins would receive a 5 year guarantee if the copper warrants it with limitations in the first 12 months. That covers coins that turn in the holder the first twelve months.

NGC would get extra submissions, collectors get piece of mind and NGC could be the absolute leaders in the copper slabbing business. Whatever would have to be paid on claims should be looked at as a marketing expense and cost of doing business. When I ran a public company that's where all the dice rolling went into----marketing lol

I think all the new business and the marketing value of being the Copper King would far outweigh claims.

If I were NGC I would even considering developing a special Intercept Shield type slab for copper. Or maybe just ship back all encapsulated pieces in Intercept Shields or chargeable silia get packs. This could be a great cross promotion. This would create a copper friendly environment for both the end user and NGC......

Forgive me if any of these measures are already in the works or already policy. If they are I'm just not aware. Shame on me.

Tom, I've been tossed out of a lot of places and have been fired....However, I'd like not to be voted off the NGC Island as the weakest link. I like it here :blahblah:

Mark, my point is that NGC in theory could cover their risk on the downside offering a five year renewable warranty while keeping all current policies in tact and STILL come out smelling like a rose. The submissions and re-submissions would be a top line income stream. There are very few win, win scenario's left in the world. I'm a big believer in taking lay-ups when presented. I may not have all the facts and I'm certainly not a fly on the wall.

MJ

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't realized you were talking about a 5 year extension of the current 10 year guarantee.