• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My wonderful Day!!

20 posts in this topic

Well I got car accident today. I was parked in front of a customers house

and next thing I knew I was getting tossed like a rag doll. Nobody got hurt

but I don't know what is going to happen with my truck. It sucks I only have

had this truck for about 6 months. :cry: I just paid $500 3 Months ago to get

the lettering done. My boss is letting my use one of the companies trucks till I get

mine fixed or I get a new one. I don't know what his insurance is going to do.

If you look in the 2nd picture my truck back end was right next to the mail box.

I hope I have a better day tomorrow. ;)

005-Copy.jpg

010-Copy.jpg

011-Copy.jpg

012-Copy.jpg

008-Copy.jpg

009-Copy.jpg

Dude, sorry to hear about the truck.... but the other persons insurance should pay for everything, unless they decide to total it, which I don't see from the damage in the pics. Hopefully you don't wake up sore tomorrow... that's usually when you know for sure if you are hurt or not.

Dude...this really sucks. Looks like another cell phone distraction collision. I bet it's not totaled, pop off the damaged bed and replace it...the added cost is the custom decals and perhaps camper shell. Hopefully you will be made whole again.

Most people would have fell out of the cab with a money collar on.

Are you saying that the collision moved your truck 20+ feet away from the mailbox?

Yes, My truck was sitting right in front of there mailbox. When the other guy hit my truck it pushed me all the way to where the truck is now.

Dude...this really sucks. Looks like another cell phone distraction collision. I bet it's not totaled, pop off the damaged bed and replace it...the added cost is the custom decals and perhaps camper shell. Hopefully you will be made whole again.

Most people would have fell out of the cab with a money collar on.

The other guy was not on his cell phone, I was but I was still parked waiting on getting a new address to plug into my GPS.

The bed is really damaged but the bed was pushed up into the cab and that is what made the cab

window break out. My truck is 4 door and I cant open either of the back doors now.

My neck is really sore now, I think I am going to go to the ER just to make sure it didn't do anything to my neck.

The damage to your truck looks worse than it probably is, AND you were not injured or killed.

Back in 1990 I was driving home to New York after Thanksgiving dinner in Rhode Island with my wifes family. An 87 year old man saw Jesus on Route 95 and slammed on his brakes. The car in back of him slammed into the rear of his car, the car in back of them slammed into their car, etc. I was 4th in line and managed to stop within one inch of the car in front of me as I had just installed very expensive Bilstein shocks in the front. The car in back of me hit my car doing in excess of 60mph.

My 1987 Acura Integra was shortened by 2 feet front and rear. Completely totalled. But aside from a bloody nose, I was all right, as was my wife and son who soiled his diaper during the impact.

Definitely one of the worse days of my life, but life is full of ups and downs. You are now due for some very good luck. That's how life works...

PS - My neck was sore for a week after the accident.

glad you are ok! it wont be a total job unless the frame itself is bent.

are those pics with a cel phone cam? they r quite clear. also dont forget to find the reciept from the lettering job to show insurance company. they will give that to be redone. when my car was rear ended i had just put my ad on window and audio system in trunk. they had to pay for both to be reinstalled.

Jaime, glad to hear you're ok. Car wrecks suck. I rear-ended someone a few months ago in my brand new 09 Lancer. Wasn't distracted at all, no phone, radio, nothing. Lady in front didn't signal a turn into a blind driveway and her breaklights were out. Didn't think the damage would be bad enough to total, but it was a near 30mph collision. Turns out they did total mine and hers, but thankfully no injuries. *Spoon* happens...