• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kicking around this Idea.....

20 posts in this topic

Now sure if it has been done before, but I would like to try and create an online grading site, with pictures etc. Sorta like Photograde... but free and online. Yall think this could be of some use to newer guys and others alike? Or is this a total waste of time? I know there are times when I need a grading scale.. and sometimes don't have any books handy... I am messed up in the head or have something here that could be usefull?

I think it would be quite useful to new collectors and veterans alike. However it would take a great deal of work not only to physically do the work setting up the site but also finding accurate examples of all grades/types of coins to be used.

I think it would be quite useful to new collectors and veterans alike. However it would take a great deal of work not only to physically do the work setting up the site but also finding accurate examples of all grades/types of coins to be used.

Ditto. All of your images would have to be original. How about starting with the series that you like best and is readily available.

Hoot

Yeah I think the images would be the main problem... I would have to look hard and far to get the images .... I already have the layout setup... thats not the problem, but we would have to see about the images.... mabye I could get some people do donate pictures...

What I think would be neat is to have an online version of "Photograde" combined with the magnifier feature like in Heritage and ANR auctions. That way you could get a close up as well as the big picture.

I was thinking about doing something like that... The main deal is to get the pictures and grades up there first... then expand on it.... Adding Gold and Commens later on... Then see how we can also work some sorta feature like that in... But I think this Idea is a go... Wish me luck and you can check out the prototype of it... by clicking on the link above .... a few post up...

Hey, if you're willing to do it, I think it would be a fantastic idea.

I think it would be cool to have a couple different sample coins for each grade, just to give a better idea of the "look" of a particular grade, and to account for differences in color, luster, etc. between different coins.

I think that it is a great idea. However, the task would be very challenging and time consuming, even for showing one example of each grade, denomination and type. I'm sure that many of us could provide scans of various graded, certified coins in our collections. This might help make the work a little bit easier.

Well I am getting a new video card .... It is on order... I need to finish making the pages ... So I can start to upload images... etc... I think I should have all the pages done by the end of this weekand and be ready to start on the images... / descriptions... Thx for all the interest!!

with alot of other work that I had going on this project hadf to be put off till now.. but I am going to get it back going again... only a few pages left to get up..... I will also start uploading some images..... and getting some of the pages functioning... Thx again for all the interest...