• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1st Annual NGC Secret Santa Swap: Show What You Got!!!

51 posts in this topic

Thanks CoinDude!

COINARTX2.jpg

COINARTX3.jpg

COINARTX10.jpg

It has the prettiest shade of lime green on the obverse with a delicate golden sheen to the reverse.

That is awesome, Pat! I tip my hat to Santa!

Chris

You are very welcome Pat. Like I said in the note, when your name came up I was at oh my.... what can I pickout... then that one immediately came to mind. Glad you love it and hopefully it will reside in your collection longer than it did mine... I've had it for a few years.

And for those of you who are wondering, yes those pictures do the coin justice!

I guarantee I got the oldest coin from Santa, how about a Greek coin from 297 B.C.!

My Secret Santa is located in Fenton, MO. hm

Thanks James, not only did I know nothing about these kinds of coins, it gave me a chance to do a bit of research which is right up my alley!

Heck yeah! When I say "Early US", I'm talking early, buddy lol !

Merry Christmas!

Heck yeah! When I say "Early US", I'm talking early, buddy lol !

Merry Christmas!

I was up at 3:30AM. How Early_US do you awaken, James?

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Chris

Bob Campbell very thoughtfully sent me a pristine copy of an excellent reference book that will take up proud residence in my growing Library. Thank you very much, Bob!

Also, thanks for your generous offer to send me on a monthly basis one free example of each of the coins imaged in the book. I'll be glad to pay just the shipping charges :) !

junk0093.jpg

Bob Campbell very thoughtfully sent me a pristine copy of an excellent reference book that will take up proud residence in my growing Library. Thank you very much, Bob!

Also, thanks for your generous offer to send me on a monthly basis one free example of each of the coins imaged in the book. I'll be glad to pay just the shipping charges :) !

I was going to send one instead until Jason put a monetary limit on the gifts. :taptaptap:

Thanks CoinDude!

COINARTX2.jpg

COINARTX3.jpg

COINARTX10.jpg

It has the prettiest shade of lime green on the obverse with a delicate golden sheen to the reverse.

That is awesome, Pat! I tip my hat to Santa!

Chris

Very Nice. :applause:

Ok, so got my package yesterday... and I have to thank Jaime very much!

I was slightly emotional about the thought that went into the gift.

I recently started a registry mint set for both my mom and my dad.... and there are a lot of holes to fill... But Jaime took the time and found two coins from my Mothers set that were missing and sent them along.

1. 1944 S MS 66 RD Cent

2. 1944 MS 66 Dime

Thank you so much Jaime, I've really enjoyed getting to know you here! If there's anything I can ever do for you don't hesitate to ask!

I'll post pics when I get a chance to take them.

Wishing all you guys here a wonderful and Merry Christmas!

What a special and thoughtful gift that was Jaime. You are a class act. :golfclap:

Did you ever show off the coin that I gave you!!

Thanks for reminding me. I've been so busy imaging my Lincoln's that I completely forgot to take a picture of it. I will do it tonight or tomorrow and post it here. As I said, you are a class act.

Ok, so got my package yesterday... and I have to thank Jaime very much!

I was slightly emotional about the thought that went into the gift.

I recently started a registry mint set for both my mom and my dad.... and there are a lot of holes to fill... But Jaime took the time and found two coins from my Mothers set that were missing and sent them along.

1. 1944 S MS 66 RD Cent

2. 1944 MS 66 Dime

Thank you so much Jaime, I've really enjoyed getting to know you here! If there's anything I can ever do for you don't hesitate to ask!

I'll post pics when I get a chance to take them.

Stunning and awesome!!

I think I speak for several board members by saying this Secret Santa Swap needs to be an annual event. Awesome idea, and it seems to have gone of flawlessly. Only 368 shopping days 'til next Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am pleased with how well it went. I will definitely be doing this again next year! Everyone has been great! Some really good presents were exchanged, and I know many people were made quite happy. Good job all, and Merry Christmas!!!

What a special and thoughtful gift that was Jaime. You are a class act. :golfclap:

Here is the coin that Jaime gifted me the first of August. Quite a nice and unexpected gesture. I believe it is an Austrian Gold Ducat.

DarksideGoldObv003.jpg

DarksideGoldObv001.jpg

DarksideGoldRev005.jpg

Stunning and awesome!!I think I speak for several board members by saying this Secret Santa Swap needs to be an annual event. Awesome idea, and it seems to have gone of flawlessly. Only 368 shopping days 'til next Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! to borrow a quote from James.

First i would like to apoligize for being so late posting these. I was out of town and had my mail held. Secondly I would like to thank Jason for sponsoring this event. Thirdly my special thanks to JTryka for these awesome beauties. ( My photos don't do justice).

Thanks Jeff. And a very Merry Christmas to all .

P1010020.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Here is the coin that Jaime gifted me the first of August. Quite a nice and unexpected gesture. I believe it is an Austrian Gold Ducat.

Great Pictures (thumbs u