• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'M BAAAAACK!

34 posts in this topic

I finally got my machine up and running. No easy task, though, after having been stored for more than a year.............updates, dead BIOS battery, security & virus protection issues.........just to name a few. I've been reading some of the other threads, first, to learn to what extent, if at all, the complement of "Chestnut Lodge" has changed.

Shane............I'm very sorry for your loss.

Victor.............Be sure and call me!

James............I don't believe that your reputation has been sullied.........but those d@mn Dorito-greased fingerprints have got to go!

Mark..............You're too trusting when it comes to new "clients". I thought all coin dealers were supposed to be mean, grumpy and very skeptical.

For Lou, Mike, TomB (Raider) and all of the rest............It's good to be back among friends.

While I've been away, I've taken the opportunity to rummage through some of the coins I've hoarded from past bulk purchases, and I've discovered that I have a few that I consider interesting........a '36D Buff RPM.........a '35 Buff on a cracked planchet.........a '37D Buff (DDO or Machine Doubling?)...........'46S Lincoln with a "broken" m/m.........and a '59D Washie (RPM?). I'll have to photograph these, first, using my microscope.

Finally, I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with collecting Morgans as long as you don't have the ones that I want.

Best to all for the Yuletide season!

Chris

Chris, I think you had already stopped posting regularly by the time I joined this board but by the way I see others react when you have been able to pop in occationaly I must assume you are one cool dude!

Welcome back. (thumbs u

All I need to know Chris is are you going to be making it to the NGC luncheon....Lou and I were talking about how it just won't be the same without you? Plus I need to show off my plastic boot I am wearing lol

I started walking to take off weight and you know these bad feet of mine really let me down so I went to the doctor after a 6 mile walk and found out I need surgery on both feet and my right foot is broken in 6 places :frustrated:

I always said getting heathy was a sham.....I have never broken a bone eating cheeseburgers lol

Chris, I think you had already stopped posting regularly by the time I joined this board but by the way I see others react when you have been able to pop in occationaly I must assume you are one cool dude!

Welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks, Ray, but don't let words fool you. Actually, I'm an old SOB who beats Shane, unmercifully, at pool, and the only solace he can take is that I pay for the drinks. And, TomB always cringes when I mention hard shell crabs. In one way, James and I are alike. He has a great sense of humor, but he often hides it by avoiding the use of emoticons. However, there is one singularly unique "quality" that I have which separates me from the rest of the members on these boards. My last name is derived from the Yiddish word, machuginah, which means crazy, and I've been trying to live up to it all of my life.

Chris

Welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks, Ray, but don't let words fool you. Actually, I'm an old SOB who beats Shane, unmercifully, at pool, and the only solace he can take is that I pay for the drinks. And, TomB always cringes when I mention hard shell crabs. In one way, James and I are alike. He has a great sense of humor, but he often hides it by avoiding the use of emoticons. However, there is one singularly unique "quality" that I have which separates me from the rest of the members on these boards. My last name is derived from the Yiddish word, machuginah, which means crazy, and I've been trying to live up to it all of my life.

Chris

successfully I might add ;)

Chris----- Lou and I tried to bring you back a week or so ago. I guess it is official now. Be glad to have you around again. We need all the humor that we can get these days on the forum.

Crabs were excellent this year by the way. I just give Tom B a standing rib roast these days. We still talk way into the night, however. Bob [supertooth]

I just give Tom B a standing rib roast these days. Bob [supertooth]

It's good to hear from you, Bob. How have you been?

A standing rib roast? How is he at sharing? :rulez:

Chris

Hey, James! How is life treating you?

It sure has been boring for me the last year without my computer. I've really missed all of the loonies who have kept my mind active.

QUESTION: What is the best way for me to change my mailing addresss at Scotsman? The catalogs are still using my old address, and I don't want to miss them. My former e-mail address is no longer applicable, and I have not yet created a new one. Any suggestions? (I know! That's two questions!)

Chris

Howdy Chris and you better believe I cringe everytime I think of those crabs. :o Yes, I get the standing rib roast and as long as I allow Bob to have all the cooked to a crisp pieces then he allows me to have the warm, pink center. (thumbs u

All I need to know Chris is are you going to be making it to the NGC luncheon....Lou and I were talking about how it just won't be the same without you? Plus I need to show off my plastic boot I am wearing lol

I started walking to take off weight and you know these bad feet of mine really let me down so I went to the doctor after a 6 mile walk and found out I need surgery on both feet and my right foot is broken in 6 places :frustrated:

I always said getting heathy was a sham.....I have never broken a bone eating cheeseburgers lol

Sorry, Shane, I must have missed this post.

I'd like to be at the luncheon, but having no e-mail service for the last year, I don't know if I was invited or not. I sent Dena a PM, getting down on my knees and begging, but I haven't yet received a response. Do you think I overdid it? Anyway, I'll let you know......................maybe I should send her flowers................no, I've got a better idea, but it shall remain a surprise.

Plastic boot? Sextupled broken foot? I warned you about playing around with those inflatable dolls. I guess I'll have to start calling you "Ken".

Chris

Howdy Chris and you better believe I cringe everytime I think of those crabs. :o Yes, I get the standing rib roast and as long as I allow Bob to have all the cooked to a crisp pieces then he allows me to have the warm, pink center. (thumbs u

Hi, Tom! I see you've completely ignored my question about sharing. Good to hear from you.

Chris

I won't be attending, so you can have my invite!

Dear ,

NGC and the Collectors Society are excited to announce an exclusive, members-only event at the FUN Show in Orlando, Florida.

You and a guest are cordially invited to join your fellow Registry and Message Board participants for a complimentary luncheon. NGC Chairman Mark Salzberg and other members of our team will be there to discuss current topics in numismatics and to answer your questions.

Please join us for lunch and discussion on Saturday, January 9, from 12:00–1:30 p.m., in room 230A of the Orange County Convention Center.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!

We have reserved seats for you, but space is limited. Please (email Dena) to RSVP to Dena Skeffington by December 21.

Welcome back Choo Choo. :hi:

Thanks, Irv! It's coincidental, but I was actually thinking about changing my username to ChooChoo because that was what all the guys at the poolroom called me 40+ years ago. It was easier than trying to pronounce Machuga.

Chris, aka, ChooChoo47

I won't be attending, so you can have my invite!

Dear ,

NGC and the Collectors Society are excited to announce an exclusive, members-only event at the FUN Show in Orlando, Florida.

You and a guest are cordially invited to join your fellow Registry and Message Board participants for a complimentary luncheon. NGC Chairman Mark Salzberg and other members of our team will be there to discuss current topics in numismatics and to answer your questions.

Please join us for lunch and discussion on Saturday, January 9, from 12:00–1:30 p.m., in room 230A of the Orange County Convention Center.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!

We have reserved seats for you, but space is limited. Please (email Dena) to RSVP to Dena Skeffington by December 21. [/quote

Thanks, Munky, but I still think it has to be confirmed through Dena. Geez, last year I think they overbooked, and the place was SRO. I invited MadMarty from ATS as my guest, and I really think it scared him.

Chris

Isn't Machuga the genus species for the rare Florida Cue-tip Shark?

Somewhere in the Pacific off the coast of Baja aboard the USS Ronald Reagan.....................

CAG: Sir, the FA-18's should be over their target at DITHOT right now.

CAPT: What the heck is DITHOT?

CAG: Deep in the Heart of Texas, sir.

CAPT: (Censored)

CAG: Sorry, Sir. I thought you were complaining about Texas, not taxes.

:tonofbricks:C:tonofbricks:H:tonofbricks:R:tonofbricks:I:tonofbricks:S:tonofbricks: