• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...And then I figured why not start a cool Washington Thread

44 posts in this topic

I've got some new images courtesy of Bob Campbell, and I wanted to post them here.

I've been working on this series for a few years now, and figured I will have the set completed within the next 20 years or so :insane:

Please post a Washington quarter, clad or silver :headbang:

1964Dobv1.jpg

1964DRev1HR.jpg

1964D2Obv1HR-Copy.jpg

1964D2Rev1HR.jpg

1947pms65-Obv.jpg

1947pms65-Rev.jpg

1953-sms66-Obv.jpg

1953-sms66-Rev.jpg

Tom B's not allowed to post to this thread! :frustrated:

His washies are too nice!

Just kidding, and I Love that '32!

Do you still have most of your awesome Washingtons?

You know I could post to this thread all afternoon. hm By the way, Michael's 1943 is a nice coin. (thumbs u

CH1932P65.jpg

That is one nice looking Washington . What is the grade on this Gem.

I will guess MS 66 only becuase from what I see there are only 2 graded higher. Looks better then a 66 to me .

Thanks for the kind words about the coins, folks, and yes I still own all of these WQs. The last wonderfully toned WQ that I sold was to LeeG who had his choice of three coins that I sent to him. Alas, shortly after LeeG purchased the WQ of his choice, he sold it and now MikeInFL owns the coin.

The 1932 shown earlier in this thread is (under)graded MS65 by PCGS. Here is a 1940-

CH1940P67.jpg

CAC has seen all of my WQs and each has received either a green or gold sticker. This particular coin I predicted would earn a gold sticker, but it came back with a green sticker. I was surprised, so I asked why this coin did not receive a gold sticker and I was told that it made the preliminary cut for a gold sticker and that they thought it was an MS66, but it did not make the final cut for the gold sticker. It's still a gorgeous coin and it is one of only two coins in my collection where I asked CAC why the coin did not receive a gold sticker.

The last wonderfully toned WQ that I sold was to LeeG who had his choice of three coins that I sent to him. Alas, shortly after LeeG purchased the WQ of his choice, he sold it

I'm :screwy:

H1948DN66.jpgH1948DN66R.jpg

CAC has seen all of my WQs and each has received either a green or gold sticker. This particular coin I predicted would earn a gold sticker, but it came back with a green sticker. I was surprised, so I asked why this coin did not receive a gold sticker and I was told that it made the preliminary cut for a gold sticker and that they thought it was an MS66, but it did not make the final cut for the gold sticker. It's still a gorgeous coin and it is one of only two coins in my collection where I asked CAC why the coin did not receive a gold sticker.

Well the coin speaks for itself so it probably wont matter what color sticker it has when or if you decide to sell it .

Hey Tom,

That '32 WQ is the best toned example I have ever seen (thumbs u And the blue toning on the reverse is unique for this date, but on any pre-1964 washington really.

And Lee... that '48-d was spectacular! The '48-d is a harder coin to find with nice mint set toning like that one had! :flamed: