• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold hits $1200 an ounce. Post some gold to celebrate!

26 posts in this topic

1925.jpg

And hey, silver went up to 19 bux too. So, as Howie would say

Ladies please.........

gldandsilv.jpg

So, now that your gold and silver is going up, I have to ask the question....

DEAL OR NO DEAL?

MM

DEAL OR NO DEAL?
OK, I give in.... I say DEAL.... I'll take those three silver pieces off your hands at spot plus.... just let me know where to send the check! Or, before you change your mind.... I'll send you paypal and I'll pickup the fees! ;)

The medal looks much better in hand than my photos suggest.....

oltengold-1.jpg

oltengold-2.jpg

NGC called this MS62 and I'm comfortable with that grade. Though I would have been more comfortable with an MS63.

As you might imagine gold Schutzenfest medals are VERY hard to come by...

Why would I want to celebrate gold going through the roof which indicates that that the dollar is going through the floor meaning higher prices for everything. And as the dollar drops in value expect higher prices for oil, gasoline, utilities and then as the higher prices for those work their way through the economy yet another round of price hikes. No I see no reason to celebrate.

Why would I want to celebrate gold going through the roof which indicates that that the dollar is going through the floor meaning higher prices for everything. And as the dollar drops in value expect higher prices for oil, gasoline, utilities and then as the higher prices for those work their way through the economy yet another round of price hikes. No I see no reason to celebrate.

I just got thru reading an article about the perfect storm of debt, spending, and refinancing that would take gold to $10,000. And it looks like we (the US of A) are doing nothing to stop it either.

100_1644.jpg

100_1645.jpg

I agree !! Here comes inflation, we need the fed to raise interest rates now !!

I really miss those 5 % rates I once got on all my CD's .

Last month I sold my $ 50 gold Proof , I received $ 1750 for it , I could get over $ 2200 for it today . Another reason for me not to celebrate the rise in gold .

:cry:

Believe it or not this quarter eagle is only in an MS-63 PGCS green label holder. The price difference between MS-63 and MS-64, which is what it is, is too small to bother with an crack-out, but it is a nice example.

1905250O.jpg1905250R.jpg

I've paused buying for now, this is what I accumulated in the last year or two of collecting moderns. I have silver too.. all PF70UC. Unsure of the total gold content, but I figure more than a couple of ounces :)

1861396-001O.jpg324189-017O.jpg

221393-005O.jpg1540687-071O.jpg

1765797-003O.jpg178515-029O.jpg

1795885-001O.jpg3085446-032O.jpg

3081602-001O.jpg3261203-004O.jpg