• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncirc 1857 Flying Eagle

13 posts in this topic

OK, I mentioned in the holiday thread that I already got myself a Christmas coin so I thought I'd show it now. It's MS-64 and has a nice natural undipped look to it. I don't know varieties so I can't tell you the specifics. Just know that it's a beauty! :)

89595.jpg.8a951a3088b99cfa192c0e2be4f427a7.jpg

lol. In this case Santa dipped into my bank account. I've always wanted an uncirc flyer so this was a good chance. At this point these are the only major items I've always wanted that I have yet to get:

1793 or 1794 cent

1797 16 stars anything

Bust Dollar

I like it !!! (thumbs u

I really like these coins when they are well struck, but alas too many of them were weak in one place or another which accounted for the early end to the series.

I know that James Longacre got the credit for this design, but it was not really his artwork. Check out the eagle on the reverse of the Gobrecht dollar.

"Onward and upward"

1836GDollarR.jpg

"Flying level"

1836GobrechtDolRestR.jpg

OK, I mentioned in the holiday thread that I already got myself a Christmas coin so I thought I'd show it now. It's MS-64 and has a nice natural undipped look to it. I don't know varieties so I can't tell you the specifics. Just know that it's a beauty! :)

ode to a flying eaglet

tender flyer

why oh why are you such a beautiful uniquely designed coin?

one of the unique totally different designs of an eagle on any federal coinage

and when you are fully struck with pretty color in choice to gem

you are the object of desire from many a collector

come fly to me sweet eaglet

:cloud9: