• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julians coins recovered ?

14 posts in this topic

As reported ATS: Andy Lustig (Mr. Eureka), who was just seconds from Julians table. Julian said that the FBI is making some real progress but that nothing has been recovered yet!

Be always careful with coinshow gossip. I remember a Chicago ANA when a coin dealer got in legal trouble on a coin transaction. The story started out the first day of the show as a typical civil case, then by the fourth day, the story had blossomed into some incredible FBI intrigue.

TRUTH

Before we completely slander this man's character...is there substantive proof or an admission? Or are we ' letting the the lips slip' ? If he ends up being guilty as charged , that would really be sad , but if he ends up having no involvement....someone is gonna have deep fried crow for Thanksgiving this year.

Let's leave speculation to Wall Street , the 'wink-wink/nod-nod' to old detective movies , and gossip at the gossip fence when it comes to giving out names without attached proof .

Whether it is or is not this guy , I do so hope they catch the thief and recover the possessions that were stolen.

ATS is known for throwing some off-the-cuff stuff out there sometimes .

So, Andy Lustig... Mr. Eureka was the culprit?
If that was a serious question, you completely misunderstood what you read. Andy Lustig had nothing to do with the robbery. The post about him (which I have copied below) merely indicated that he was near Julian's table at Baltimore and relayed a comment from Julian, which indicated progress was being made, but that the coins had not yet been recovered.

" I just spoke with Andy Lustig (Mr. Eureka), who was just seconds from Julians table. Julian said that the FBI is making some real progress but that nothing has been recovered yet!"

Well , Thank-Goodness ! Some clarity on the matter .

Left hanging like it was , with the 'assumption' all readers were in on the 'other' story...kinda left a big open hole for misunderstanding .

Thnx for clearing the matter . (thumbs u

What was that about? :o

Seriously, Julian posted that the story of recovery is at least premature.

If that was a serious question, you completely misunderstood what you read. Andy Lustig had nothing to do with the robbery. The post about him (which I have copied below) merely indicated that he was near Julian's table at Baltimore and relayed a comment from Julian, which indicated progress was being made, but that the coins had not yet been recovered.

" I just spoke with Andy Lustig (Mr. Eureka), who was just seconds from Julians table. Julian said that the FBI is making some real progress but that nothing has been recovered yet!"

Yes, that was a serious question. I guess I totally misunderstood the comment. It would be hard to believe that a solid respected dealer would be part of that. That's why I was so dumbfounded.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. I do on the other hand hope the actual culprits are caught and pay fully for their indiscretion.

I completely misunderstood the comments by WJ.