• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offer a grade on this Lincoln Cent..."Wheat"

12 posts in this topic

MS-64RB (wouldn't be surprised to see 63-65 and RD if it's in an older slab)

Beautiful piece there. The lightly struck obverse doesn't take anything away from it. About 80% Red on my monitor...Original as far as I can see on this display.

I'm not good at these but it looks to me like the left wheat has some wear and Lincoln looks a little rubbed to me. I'm not gonna offer a grade tho' as I'm not sure of any charicteristics of this year and mint. Nice Lincoln tho'!

I am going to say 64RB because I can see a few minor nicks in key focal areas i.e. on the check, and to the left of the right wheat stalks. In hand, I bet, the nicks are barely noticable. The camera just picks up everything. I really like the coin.

The coin is graded MS65/65 on an old Anacs photo certificate.

Wouldn't get that today IMHO. I don't see it less than 64, but there are some marks that on the pictures look fairly apparent. RB color though if you had it graded today.