• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completely Absurd!

48 posts in this topic

Can you believe that certain individuals from 'across the street' have the incredible nerve to poke fun at the NGC forums and claim they are dull???? Ha!!!!

All I know is that you can't even say that the sky is blue 'over there' without some halfwit troll picking a fight or having some 12 yr. old telling you how cool his state quarters are, or someone making fun of an Ebay auction. WOW!!!!, now that's exciting!! And if you really want to see people sleeping, just try and get through to PCGS's non-customer service after PCGS fingerprints your coins, HA!

Oh, and lets not forget about the infamous "Good Morning Class" threads, now there's some real astute numismatic brilliance and savy.

I can tell you that one thread over here is worth 50 threads 'over there'

dragon

(good natured fun)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! good one gmarguli!!!

Yes, it gives me SUCH a thrill to see those incredible PR68 Jefferson nickel results posted 'over there'.... that were just cracked out of an $8.00 modern proof set 12 days ago.

Typical PCGS forum drivel:

"Oh, can you believe my 2002 proof penny didn't get graded a DCAM?"

dragon (all in good fun)

Why the nerve of those jerks over there! Nothing but agitators, fools, nancy-boys and buffoons.

And Dragon, you couldn't be more right on about that "Good Morning Class" crapola. It's painful. Just plain painful.

I for one, shall sip from my NGC coffee mug, knowing that there is but one God, and he favors this forum.

Clankeye

(all in good fun)

...but still the truth. I kind of enjoy seeing results with something interesting (a non-grade rarity or something that graded exceptionally high), but seeing all those $3 coins in $10 slabs is a little much.

BTW, look at my latest results*

PCGS Order Status for Invoice # 9000656

1 40025636 1909 VDB 1C Artificial Color

2 40025637 1865 1C Plain 5 Artificial Color

3 40025638 1863 1C Cleaning

PCGS Order Status for Invoice # 9000657

1 60052569 1909 VDB 1C DNC

2 60052570 1921 1C DNC

3 60052571 1995 1C Doubled Die Obverse MS66RD

4 60052572 Eagle S$1 1996 DNC

* No, they aren't really my invoices.

Grading results are neat when you're talking about coins picked raw (and not moderns) that you manage to get nice grades on. Crossover and modern results wear on you pretty quickly.

Would be nice to see more topics and discussion here, as long as the quality doesn't go downhill.

gmarguli,

Do not lie, those ARE your invoices, aren't they? And stop artificially coloring your coins, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. tongue.gif

dragon

Sorry to ruin the spirit, but I think the CU forum really does have its place. Where else can you post an opinion that not all dealers are crooks and have someone immediately accuse you of trying to rip off old ladies? It wouldn't happen here, so CU is the best source of unearned abuse.

PCGS had the best coin forum for quite some time. Lack of supervision led to it's it downfall. NGC is now a more sophisticated forum and it's hard to believe that they didn't learn from their mistakes.

Well, I've been working so much that I haven't had much time to weigh through all the stuff over there, and it's much easier to keep up over here (though I find it ironic that the most popular thread today consists of us "highbrows" bashing those "lowbrows" for bashing us "highbrows" did that come out right???) It's just a matter of what you find interesting. Personally, my favorite threads are finds that people make, whether its searching a bag of Kennedys, or finding that great undiscovered coin at a show/shop/attic. If you want me to go to sleep immediately, just start talking die varieties on 18th century half cents, that'll do it every time (no offense to you half cent fans, but I'm sure there are plenty of things I like that would bore you to tears). And really that's what makes me like this forum, anyone can talk about what interests them without fear of ridicule and belittlement. Let's try to keep it that way.

BTW, I haven't seen one thread here about an auction that is bogus and deserves to be trashed. And that is my fault as much as anyone's elses.

THANK GOD!!!!!

As much as I like those types of threads on occasion, it's gotten to the point where 90% of the threads over there are about a bogus eBay auction, posting submission results, flames and the never ending discussion of who flamed who and why it was/was not OK, and modern coins - which I like as much as the next collector. wink.gif

The CU forums have become what RCC (UseNet newsgroup rec.collecting.coins) is. A giant vat of useless posts and a tiny speck of information that 99% of the people never find because they gave up.

Greg, I hope you aren't correct about the CU forums, at least the Coin forum, which to me is the only one worth spending much time reading. I don't open the ebay posts or the grade t his DCAM Kennedy ones. But there are usually a few every day worth reading and once in awhile one worth responding too. I enjoyed reading some of David Hall's posts also, especially the one on how they started the slabbing business.

IrishMike, I can only speak from my personal experience, but I use to read most of the posts on that coin forum. When the traffic picked up, I used to at least open 75% of them for a quick look to see if anything was interesting.

Now, it's gotten so bad that I skip even looking at most of them. I just took a look and on my first page I read 8 of 50 (16%) and on page 2 it was 7 of 50 (14%). For RCC, where I used to read probably 25% of them, I am down to maybe 1%. The CU forums are headed that way. The number of good posters over there has dropped. It's not just a case of "junk" posts picking up and diluting the good posters, it's that the good posters are leaving or cutting back a lot.

They used to be fun and full of information. Now, they are hard to read, full of , and not much useful information. I think they need to appoint a moderator who kicks the off topic and troll posts a little faster before they get a ton of replies. They also need a newbie forum and have newbie posts moved there ASAP. I have nothing against newbies or their posts, it's just that seeing the same question over and over again is getting really tiring.

I like Pepsi not Coke. It is more sweet. Be carefull you don't spill any in the keyboard the liquid will short it out.

COINHOLEIO,

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

I should cut you some slack since you may have been joking or speaking with your tongue in cheek or something.... But who are you to say the sky is blue? You could distill the entire atmosphere of the planet and I bet you wouldn't get a single drop of blue. Without the air up there there's nothing, not even a sky, so it can't be blue. Next time try to think these things out a little before wasting everyone's time with a post.

Each of the sites has it's good points and bad points except RCC. There's somewhat of a state of flux across the street.

But who are you to say the sky is blue? You could distill the entire atmosphere of the planet and I bet you wouldn't get a single drop of blue. Without the air up there there's nothing, not even a sky, so it can't be blue.

The only reason the sky is blue is because water molecules reflect blue light. Which is also why the ocean is blue. Most rivers are not blue because the dirt and other particles in the water neutrilize the color. Just a bit of science.

Even in the Sahara when the humidity is 0% many would claim the sky is blue! The sky doesn't look blue to anyone when it's raining! It appears it might be too easy to over simplify most anything.