• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiseled Walker

16 posts in this topic

Nice coin but great image.

Ya, when that Mark Goodman finishes his apprenticeship he's really gonna be something :acclaim:

MJ ;)

Absolutely stunning Walker.

What you mean by "chiseled?" The strike looks average to me. This in no way detracts from the coin's beauty but its not what I would consider chiseled, unless I am misinterpreting what you mean.....?

Very nice 41-D

To me, chiseled would mean Ms. Liberty could literally walk off the obverse and the eagle could take flight off the reverse.

I would say this Walker is "peened" (not quite hammered)

It does deserve the "star" for eye candy, very nice.

Congrats!

I love that coin !!!!

I also have a 1941-D PCGS MS 67 CAC

Yours has a better drool factor :grin:

I have a 1940 Proof Walker that has that gold tone around the rims , but once again yours is nicer.

89136.jpg.8bf6463bd826dd06b28ee19a63dabf7a.jpg

89137.jpg.90076d6226e1a622710ec2a2c9f24c90.jpg

89138.jpg.c0a4b0e0d529d6bd301e9c509fd27504.jpg

Great Coin, MJ !! The '41 d has a less than sharp strike, although fully struck examples do exist in fair quantity. Yours is definitely above average, especially on the obverse. I have not seen violets, golds and browns on a walker like that in quite some time (It's like the sun setting, on the obverse, is really going down!!) Thanks for posting; I enjoyed it.

<

To me, chiseled would mean Ms. Liberty could literally walk off the obverse and the eagle could take flight off the reverse.

I would say this Walker is "peened" (not quite hammered)

It does deserve the "star" for eye candy, very nice>>

Yes, the left hand automatically keeps out of the "hammered" category.....I need to watch my adjectives. I do like the way that the colors are chiseled into the devices. MJ