• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to flip your Lincoln set?

13 posts in this topic

Yesterday,I read a post ATS saying the hysteria is over for these sets?So,I went to the Bay and looked up completed auctions for yesterday and today.Prices are pretty consistent at around $150.00.I think a $90 quick profit is pretty good.Not a good as the profits made on the first 2009 lincoln cent mint rolls though.But, who thinks they will go higher once the first wave is gone.Especially as Christmas looms. The 50,000 limit is still in place right?I don't think it weill matter much that you can put your own set together.It won't be the same to . I think I'll take a chance and enjoy mine for awhile. I haven't got my set yet.It's still in transit after being shipped 5 days ago.Supposed to be here Monday the 2nd.

I'm keeping mine also. The profit isn't enough for me to sell the only set I ordered. I think it's a good collectors set. I also agree that these coins are easily interchangeable and will effect the value of the set in the future. But then again, the OGP has always been collectible, and given the set contents and design, it may keep the value of these at least a consistent $100 bill after the frenzy is over. jmo

I am keeping mine, just like I kept my 3-coin ASE set, and my RFK/JFK set, etc. etc! I am selling a set for a friend of mine though, he ordered it from the mint but decided the quick profit was too good to pass up, so I offered my services!

I bought one set simply to sell it on the open market, which is what I did as soon as it arrived. Certainly, I cannot retire on the profit, but it was easy money on something that I had no intent on keeping and that appears to have garnered its price via packaging only.

Lincoln seems to have a huge following... Hence the Lincoln penny and all of its fame. I have seen several more recent mint sets etc that cost me a pretty penny (no pun intended) to aquire. I think in the years to come it will increase in value... Not necessarily next year or the following.. 5+ years I think it will be one of those I am glad I got one deals especially unopened shipping box. I have no plans to flip my set. I think the coins look awesome.

So,for some reason.mine was delivered today(Saturday). Since when does Fedex deliver on Saturday? Anyway, it's a great set.The cents look perfect to me.The Dollar has a tiny grease mark on the lip.Really small,smaller than the mole.I don't think I'll send it back for that. Did anyone notice the weird eyes on this coin? Another thing is,why did some people get there set so early?I ordered mine the night they were released.

They shipped the coins on the first ordered the first shipped and some people paid for next day shipping.

I flipped all 3 sets that I got for $175 each.

I think the price will continue to go down because you can still get the coins with out paying for the special high price packaging.

I believe they will go higher after the initial sell off.

I plan to replace the cents with better examples.

The $ is flawless and needs flawlewss cents too.

Of course I am keeping that set.

Joe

I am also keeping mine. Now we know why the people who wanted one of these sets or other sets/coins have trouble getting them at mint prices or have a hard time logging onto the mint have a hard time. It's all about the profit and greed.

I am also keeping mine. Now we know why the people who wanted one of these sets or other sets/coins have trouble getting them at mint prices or have a hard time logging onto the mint have a hard time. It's all about the profit and greed.

Greed was good in the 80's.Why not now? Just kidding.You are correct.This buying frenzy on release day thing has turned into a greedfest.But it's not a crime so it doesn't bother me,much.Ha! It will be interesting to follow the sets for a while and see how prices go.

Ouch

Brian, I'm hurt (but not really). I'd suspect that you were just grumpy about not getting a set, but then I saw that you really have nothing to complain about.

There are a few countries where you can move if you want to avoid all the "profit and greed" of a free market system. I hear that Kim Jong Ill is a funny guy...

Good answer, Sorry I was a little grumpy last night, had to vent a little. You are right. Thank God we live in the USA. Flip if you must but I am keeping mine,only ordered 1 set