• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mislabeled PCGS graded Jeff nickel!

7 posts in this topic

I just received this coin (attached) and thought it was fun to look at! It's a 1942-D MS66fs Jeff mislabeled as a 1944-P MS66fs! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Gotta love this one, but it'll be going back to David Lawrence!

Hoot

589a8bbd455ef_369848-Mislabeled1942-D5cMS66fsPCGS.jpg.5272eb768166437da15f80aaa3b33b36.jpg

I dunno, Mark! I may want to keep such a rare momento! For awhile anyway!

It's not rare. Date/mint mark errors on slabs are fairly common. So are mislabeled early commems. Same for denomination errors.

Now, my super rare 1960 Small Date cent in MINT STATE Cameo is a true rarity. wink.gif

I know, but believe it or not, there are people who collect these. There was a dealer not too long ago that advertised to buy these. I don't think he paid a lot of money, but he was offering a premium over "normal slabs".

That's an outstanding cent Greg! Now that one has to carry a pretty good premium! But what category would a person register that in? laugh.gif

Hoot

There are also quite a few crappy pcgs nickels closing tonite for some registry suckers. See attachment! Granted, all the pics for those coins are small but from what I can see, weak strikes, nicks on steps and more stupid prices.

Leo

370323-875b.jpg.1466549698fa31b65afff8505c443eaf.jpg