• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap Loupes

5 posts in this topic

I don't normally spam the board, but when I happed across these cheap loupes and magnifiers, I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone looking for this kind of item. Heck, even if you lost or misplaced anyone of these, it would be no big deal!

Linka-fied

I have some very expensive Zeiss loupes that I use at home and some cheaper loupes that I take to coin shows. The cheap ones work surprisingly well and it isn't a big deal if I lose it.

The biggest difference between cheap loupes and expensive ones is that the pricey loups have a larger "sweet spot" that exptends the boarders of the eye piece. The cheap ones get blury once you get away from the center "sweet spot."

For what it's worth I wear my expesive loups around my neck on a cord at the shows. That way I've never lost one. I might look like a nerd, but a $40+ a pop when you have to replace one, I'll look nerdy. :ohnoez:

I agree Bill. I have a cheapie that I keep in my pocket for change back and ground coins. My baush & lomb stays on a neck strap for coin shops and shows.