• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A dull looking but historically interesting token.

7 posts in this topic

I did not include this with last weeks thread on space memorabilia purchases because I thought I was unsuccessful on the bid due to a mistaken message from RegencySuperior, but it turns out I did win the lot.

As you might guess, one of the areas and projects with the highest security in Nazi Germany was Peenemunde, the location of the secret German rocket research facility. Here is a token that the workers used to gain access to the Special train that took them from lodging in the area to the site itself. You could not get on the train without the token. To the best of my knowledge you were given the tokens when you showed your appropriate clearance papers to the appropriate authorities. The numbers may be associated to given individuals, I believe, but am not sure, this token was originally owned by Oscar Holderer a German design engineer & member of Wernher von Braun's rocket team.

PeenemundeTrain.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

James, you were the guy who turned me on to RS.

Wow! That is really cool. What metal is it made from?
I have no idea. I'll let you know if I can figure it out when I get it.