• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Lakeland Coin show for me this weekend....I caught the swine flu :(

13 posts in this topic

I can't believe my luck....I felt wonderful yesterday morning and then by 3pm I thought I had caught a chest cold.....plenty of cold medicine and flu medicine followed but then after work today I started getting cold chills and my temp got up to 104. I felt like death warmed over so I headed to centracare for an evaluation.

The doctor took one look at me and the list of symptoms and said I have the flu....just to be sure of the type they have a test where they shove a long q-tip up your nose....which should I had the H1N1 strain....which appearently is really the only type going around right now hm

So no lakeland show for me this weekend....it's bed rest and I sent the kids packing to their moms house as I don't want them catching this... :sick:

Nothing to fool around with, this is going to be one scary fall & winter.

Get well Shane.

The coins will always be there, your health comes first.

oh my

sorry to hear

how did you think you got it??

more importantly what did you doctor say you should do or what will cure you of this swine flu??

will you fully recover? and when?

oh my

sorry to hear

how did you think you got it??

more importantly what did you doctor say you should do or what will cure you of this swine flu??

will you fully recover? and when?

No way to tell as it's airbourne but I believe I got it from the neighbors kid as she was playing at my house earlier in the week and then she came down with the swine flu. It's funny as I felt sorry for her so I took her a happy meal on Thursday and then magically I got sick on thursday.

The doctor gave me a prescription for the common flu cure which is tamiflu. You take 2 pills a day for 5 days which should take care of it. Yes I am generally healty so I should fully recover though the duration is different for each individul....say 5 to 7 days....hopefully. I have a return to work date of 10/17 but according to the doctor if I don;t have a fever for a 24-hour period then it is safe for me to return to work.

So while I am miserable and can't sleep.....it should be a temperary thing for me :wishluck:

The ex-wife just called and told me Emily my 6 year old is very sick with 102 fever and she is taking her to the hospital now. I really hope she didn't catch the swine flu as well but we were both around the neighbors daughter as it's emily's best friend and she was diagnosed with swine flu earlier in the week :(

I've heard that you are contagious for five days before the first symptoms show up. I also heard that you can be feeling fine in the morning and by the afternoon be running a 103 fever and feel horrible.

I've heard that you are contagious for five days before the first symptoms show up. I also heard that you can be feeling fine in the morning and by the afternoon be running a 103 fever and feel horrible.

That is exactly what happened to me and I assume the little girl was sick and playing with everyone with no symptoms which is how we probably contracted it....and now the symptoms are manifesting themselves on me and my daughter. I was never worried for myself....your feel like but you know you will get better. The young kids and old people are usually the ones you have to worry about so to say the least...I am concerned :wishluck: