• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1858 3 c silver. BIG PICS.

17 posts in this topic

Since space memorabilia has been sucking up more and more of my financial resources I've become much more focused in my coin collecting. That way I still get the thrill of the hunt without spending much money. I went in to the 2009 L.A. ANA convention looking for 1893 proof Barber material and could find jack in the grade (and quality of the given grade) that I was looking for. Another area of coin collecting that I've been interested in for ~ 2 years now has been business strike (no gold) 1858 material. After finding jack in the way of decent 1893 proof Barber material, and having cash burning a hole in my pocket, I ended up picking up two 1858 coins. A half dime (which will be posted in the near future) and this 3 c silver. This one is graded NGC MS63. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

18583csObv006HR.jpg18583csRev008HR.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Nice Sy!! Whats the deal with the rim on the Obv about 9:00 - 2:00?

I'm guessing it's an effect of how the collar held the coin when it was struck.

Really nice coin and what a cool clash. I'm shocked the reverse does not show the clash as well. The clash marks from the shield show on many of these.

Great find.