• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currency observations...

4 posts in this topic

I am usually pretty good at looking at the currency I get in circulation, especially with all the design changes lately, and in the last week I received not one, but 2 series 1985 $5 bills in change. It's a little unusual to get the old-style $5s anymore, but these are getting close to 20 years old, and quite a coincidence to get 2 in a week. Then again, these things tend to happen in streaks, as a few months ago I got 2 or 3 seried 1988 dollar bills in change in a week. Does anyone else notice these sorts of things?

Absolutely. They all come in cycles. I'll find a few wheaties a day for a week and a couple of silver dimes or so.....and then nothing for a month. Just how it is, I suppose.

Absolutely. They all come in cycles. I'll find a few wheaties a day for a week and a couple of silver dimes or so.....and then nothing for a month. Just how it is, I suppose.

Silver dimes???? I haven't got one of those in change for YEARS.... 893whatthe.gif

I don't even see a wheatie all that often either..... but certainly more often than a silver dime.

jom