• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest - Update

171 posts in this topic

No cut off date. This started September of last year with 28 entrants. I thought we could get through 5 or 6 people per month, which would make this a 5 or 6 month project. There were several variables that occurred along the way that resulted in various delays. So now it looks like it will be an eight month project that will have made visits to 19 states.

In another couple of weeks, I will post the obverse and reverse image results of each participant on this forum and the coin forum ATS. The image won't be labeled by who took the images, but rather just random contestant numbers. The members of both forums will vote for their favorite obverse and their favorite reverse image. The sum of both forums will determine the winner. The winning obverse shot and reverse shot will each win $100. We could have two winners.

The coin will be in the mail to the last person (hopefully) :wishluck: in the next day or so.

Awesome way to do it :) can't be long now

sorry,but you dont know me,or my abilities.

30 sec photo

I know that Mark Goodman wrote the book on coin photograpy. (Literaly, he wrote the book that is the standard reference to photographing coins)

And your picture is blurry.

my picture is not blurry. its perfect.your looking at "real" frost.I could write a book on coin photography.you guys are eventually going to learn.

SD, man, chill. This is the kind of thing that gets you in trouble on here and rubs people the wrong way. Take criticisms and compliments for what they are - not personal. Your picture is not perfect. Even Mark Goodman himself would say he has room to improve.

my picture is not blurry. its perfect.your looking at "real" frost.I could write a book on coin photography.you guys are eventually going to learn.

If you're not BNB, your ego is certainly as large as his.

SD, man, chill. This is the kind of thing that gets you in trouble on here and rubs people the wrong way. Take criticisms and compliments for what they are - not personal. Your picture is not perfect. Even Mark Goodman himself would say he has room to improve.

Jason, don't wear out the keyboard. It's a lost cause.

Chris

If you do another photo contest, you should have some kind of small travel log that everyone has to fill out along the way. 19 states is pretty cool. :)

Sorry to start a big argument. It hardly seems fair to contestants and the coin owner to send it to someone who may take a quick snap and lose anyway (no offense intended). Once the contest got this far is it worth adding someone new ? I really dont think so

Lets stick with the coin photo contest topic instead :D VOTING SOON wahooo.. cant wait..

Great, the voting and pics will be posted when I am away in Europe (ash permitting). What luck. Any way you can postpone everything until late May? :)