• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Rexcat

18 posts in this topic

Hey everybody I’m back!?! :hi:

I just saw this thread for the first time, thanks for the kind thoughts guys, sorry it took awhile to see it, but better late than never, eh? ;)

I haven’t been around here for months as for me personally 2009 became a really poor year with just a few to many low spots, by the end of this year I realized what a funk I been diving into as the year wore on, I was finding it harder to get into anything beyond the minimum needed to get though a day. :tonofbricks:

Now with both eye stalks clearly above the mud I’m working on turning things around and move on, pull it together, I some important tasks to deal with, mainly finding a new job having lost my job the day before Thanksgiving. :censored:

Sure job hunting and a steadily growing honey do list can take up a lot of my day, but I still have an opportunity right now with more free time than I’ve had in years and am going to get back into my hobbies and enjoy something for a change, maybe spend some time working on “cat’s meow” with new photos and finally add some descriptions. There won’t be any additions in the near future unless I sell coins I have that are not in that type set, then maybe I could plug another hole. hm

How to put together a banner year:

•Detached the retina in my right eye that requires surgery that leaves an air bubble in your eyeball and a recovery that includes keeping your eyes pointed straight down all the time for two weeks. The fun here see slowly watching the bubble shrink, it’s gone after 3 or 4 weeks. :eek:

•My mostest favorite cat of all time died from heart disease at 5 years old.

•Got really good with my crutches after knee surgery! :headbang:

•Oops! Found out after a MRI was done on my knee that I was out of network at the hospital this year. The radiology clinic said they called the insurance carrier to get the procedure precertified, but this only tells them if I have coverage, sure I’m covered out of net work, but there’s a $9000 deductible! So now they want $2800 from me. Now a year earlier I had a MRI done there and was in the PPO at that time so the cost to my insurance company after network discounts was under $1200; which the clinic seemed quite happy with, but when I tried to settle my bill with them this fall and offer a one time payment of $1400 they flatly said no, would rather send the bill to collection and have it drag on forever.

•From August until Thanksgiving I saw my job responsibilities slowly move from me to another employee leaving me by November with just several hours of work each week of tool designing. Then my job of 15 years ended when I complained to the wrong person in my company about having been changed to a part time status which has no benefits like health coverage or holidays, (which five paid were happening in the next month).

•Why not warp up the year with yet another surgery, met that nasty $3000 deducible way earlier so it's like free. :idea: You see that they say a side affect of the reattachment operation to my retina is that the lens in that eye can develop a cataract. Man were the doctors right about that, by late October I couldn’t see sh*t. But I have to say; the lens replacement was by far the easiest eye procedure I’ve had done, compared to having a rip or hole in the retina tacked down with lasers, piece of cake… :insane:lol lol :insane: